On Jim's Homefront

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim in RP

On Jim's Homefront

Post by Jim in RP » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:38 am

My vision is still giving me a lot of trouble and I went through two pair of glasses in the last week. The first pair was a pair of bifocals that actually gave me a shit storm every time I wore them. This last pare is a single version set for up close reading like this computer screen. If I forget to take them off when I get up they make me really dizzy really quick. To remind me to take them off.
Manila is once again in a lockdown situation and flights to and from this island have been suspended. I have a VA appointment in Manila for the 29th to get my booster shot but it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to even get to Manila. Another appointment in the middle of February to see the doctors in the Manila OPC and that is even in jeopardy. The VA should notify me within the next week as to whether or not that vaccine appointment is going to be made. Can't make appointments with the Seattle VA unless I'm within six months and that will be in February. Just need to save up about $20,000 between now and then, in order to make that trip. I will not be staying for months like I did this last time, just plain can't afford it.
Looks like my Rambutan tree that the typhoon blower over just might recover it's starting to grow new leaves.
Maria got tired of hearing me bitch about the intermittent functionality of the standby generator. She went out and bought 8 1/2 kW Diesel generator. I bought the parts to install it. The old one had a habit of overcharging the batteries and killing them in as a little as eight months depending on how long it was running in any given month.
The 24 panel solar system is doing fine knock in a lot of electricity every day. It's an on grid system which means the solar systems can't do shit unless we have power hook up. So when the powers off it is generator time. Personally thinking about going off grid and tell that dysfunctional Electric company to kiss my... Since we've been back I've discovered that the power company had taken my new store-bought transformer 25KW Down and replaced it with another old used one. It never stops to amaze me how much illegal shit big corporations in this country can get away with. Guess we all know money talks and bullshit walks.
I hope I give all of you something to read about and some thing to post a reply about. Like what's going on in your life something better than what's going on in my life I hope. :roll: ;)

P.S. The bamboo bogeyman is 196 pages long and growing. Just finished a 29 page Photo section.
The most frightening thing about my nightmares; They are not dreams.

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: On Jim's Homefront

Post by PHPaul » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:05 am

I stop in every day, but I got a lot of sh...stuff going on in my life right now, so it's usually just a drive-by.

Bkeepr

Re: On Jim's Homefront

Post by Bkeepr » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:04 am

I check in every day too, but really don’t want to be the only one posting anymore.

Got that snow and ice storm here overnight, wind was the worst part. Lost power for just a few seconds, but I am looking at the power company map and there are folks all around me without power…I got lucky. The high here yesterday was 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and the low was 3 with wind gusts into the 40s…so I am really glad we didn’t lose power!

Hope everyone else is as lucky/blessed. Please check in and let us know how you are and what you are doing!!