Man it's been awhile...

Stories, News and General Yakking
Patbridges81

Man it's been awhile...

Post by Patbridges81 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Since I posted on here. Or maybe first time on this, since the switch from kountrylife. Looks like theres a decent amount of name handles that are familiar from roughly 14 years ago when I first started posting. How's everyone been? Seems like I went from asking to borrow my grandpas truck to driving an ambulance and changing my own daughters diapers in the blink of an eye.

If this page is even halfway as active as it used to be when I was younger I'm sure I'll be able to gather plenty of advice now that I get more enthusiastic about DIY projects and home depot trips than going to bars or clubs. I guess being 30 now and fatherhood changes ones perspective.

Any opinions on the 20v max line of Black & Decker power tools? I just got the Impact driver and drill combo set for Xmas and it seems to work well for small lag bolts but couldnt get the lug nuts off my ladys SUV after using the 1/4" to 3/8 adapter and a 21mm deep well socket. Might need to invest in a real 1/2" impact drill to trust for my automotive needs. I know black & decker is a cheaper brand but I alsoheard its built by dewalt so its practically the same tools at a much lower price tag. Thoughts?
Patrick In MI

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Man it's been awhile...

Post by PHPaul » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:07 am

Welcome, Patrick.

Didn't recognize your name or email so wanted to make sure you weren't a spammer before giving you unlimited access.

I'm "Fawteen" from the old board, I volunteered to set this one up after both Ron/PA and Gerrit passed unexpectedly.

Things are a little slower, but coming along and we sure welcome new member and more input!

No experience with the 20V stuff, but I sure do like my older 18V Milwaukee tools. Pretty much my go-to for anything battery powered these days.

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:09 am

I just removed the Newly Registered restrictions, so post away!

Patbridges81

Post by Patbridges81 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:34 am

I'm sorry to hear about Ron/PA and Gerrit, I had no idea they passed away. :(
Patrick In MI

Patbridges81

Post by Patbridges81 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:44 am

And yes Fawteen, I definitely remember you from KL. Nice to see you keeping everything up and running!
Patrick In MI

Red Dave

Post by Red Dave » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:38 am

I have a couple 20v Dewalt tools and I'm happy with them, but I haven't tried the Black & Decker versions, sorry.

GeneMO

Post by GeneMO » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 pm

Welcome back, !!!

Gene

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:26 pm

Yes it has been quite a while and it sure dose go by fast. I am feeling well for 73. Last April and May had a serous dance with the grim reaper. Got through that and feel very well sense the trip to Seattle VA last April. Got a visit with the VA here in Manila in February and another trip to the VA in Seattle in August.
Only The Dead Have Seen The end of WAR. "Plato"

Patbridges81

Post by Patbridges81 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:32 pm

You arent quite 73 yet, dont be rushing it. I'm sure you're living and eating alot healthier in the PI than you would have been in AK.
Patrick In MI