Free and Easy Photo Resizer

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Free and Easy Photo Resizer

Post by PHPaul » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:01 am

1. Click on this link to download the program. (I recommend you save it to your desktop if that's not already the default download location).https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ubkk2V ... p=sharing
2. A new icon will appear with the name PhotoResize640. You can rename the icon to PhotoResize800 or 1280 and it will automatically resize to the new size. (Pretty neat!) I recommend no larger than 800 and 640 is fine on my monitor. The smaller the number, the smaller the file size. As long it has sufficient detail and resolution, smaller is better IMO.

3. Create a new folder on your desktop to put photos you want to resize in. I named my new folder "resize" so I'd know what it was for.

4. Park any photos you want resized into that folder. If you have a folder you keep ALL your photos in, DO NOT use that, the program will resize them all, whether 1 or 1000.

5. When you have placed the photo(s) you want resized into the folder, drag the folder over top of the new program icon and drop it.

6. It will open a little window with a black background and scroll through a bunch of gobbledegook which is actually Command Line instructions. Don't worry about it, just hit "Enter" when it's done (as prompted) and it will go away.

7. Open the folder you dropped the originals in, and it will now have the originals plus duplicates resized to whatever size you named the new program...ie PhotoResize640, PhotoResize800, or PhotoResize1280.

8. You can change the name back and forth as needed...ie resize a bunch using PhotoResize640 and then change the name to PhotoResize1280 and resize other photos to that size.

9. Once you have resized the photos, it's probably best to move them to a more permanent place and delete them from the "resize" folder. Otherwise it will repeat the process on ALL photos in the folder, including the ones already resized. Things will get seriously cluttered VERY quickly.

Dieselrider

Re: Free and Easy Photo Resizer

Post by Dieselrider » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:05 am

Not finding any program. All I get is a message saying no program found.

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Free and Easy Photo Resizer

Post by PHPaul » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:22 am

Dieselrider wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:05 am
Not finding any program. All I get is a message saying no program found.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ubkk2V ... p=sharing

Try this link.