SNOW!!

Stories, News and General Yakking
Patria

SNOW!!

Post by Patria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:41 am

LOL Yes, Good Morning, Hommies!

I'm in Mooresville, NC visiting my son and his family. I'm happy to say they are all happy and healthy. As I'm sure you all know this is not a place where it snows frequently, but it did yesterday afternoon and when I woke up this morning I was gifted with the most marvelous scenery ever; I think we got about one inch of the white stuff and this morning the sun finally showed up - in days. So it's a sunny, clear, dry, snow covered day [or however you say it]. Beautifull!!

I hope everyone is doing well, ok, better...well you know what I mean.

bwillett

Re: SNOW!!

Post by bwillett » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:46 am

It is so nice to see you posting, Patria....Often think of you and Gerrit..... Glad you enjoy seeing snow. So do I, the first time in each winter, but it gets old quick if you have to drive in it....Glad to hear you and your family is doing well....Take care, and watch out for patches of ice...... :D
Bill Willett
West Central Ohio
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it is all about?

Patria

Post by Patria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:01 am

Well bwillett, I do need to drive to take my granddaughter to school as my son and wife went to Cancun for a few days - they will be back tomorrow.

So you see, I'm in charge!! :mrgreen:

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am

Patria,

it *is* great to see you, and I'm glad you're getting some grandparent time in. Snow?!! Wow, we've had almost none of it here this year, and usually we get at least one decent snowfall (10" or more).

Enjoy it!

tom

Patria

Post by Patria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:42 am

Bkeepr,

My son's oldest is 24, in the Navy, and married to a Navy girl. His middle son is away in college, so that leaves his youngest, a 12 year old daughter and the one I'm hanging out with and having a great time with.

The sun is now melting the snow so it will not last long but it's fun to watch and I took photos to send everyone in the island. lol

Sid

Post by Sid » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:41 am

Good to hear from you.

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:40 am

Sounds like fun Patria!

I'm waiting for my latest great-granddaughter to get a little older (she had her first birthday last November) so I can start spoiling her and teaching her bad habits. :twisted:

Patria

Post by Patria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Sid wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:41 am
Good to hear from you.

Ok Sid, you will hear from me then that my romance with the snow ended when, after my reply to Beekpr, I peeked out the window and saw the car covered in snow/ice.

Hey Fawteen, she is an adorable baby and I bet her parents will appreciate your cooperation with her education. ;)

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Patria wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:17 pm
Hey Fawteen, she is an adorable baby and I bet her parents will appreciate your cooperation with her education. ;)
It's a tradition. I taught her Dad and his big brother all sorts of thing... :lol:

Shoveling snow and scraping windshields DOES kinda take some of the fun out of Winter, doesn't it...

Patria

Post by Patria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 pm

PHPaul wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:39 pm
Patria wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:17 pm
It's a tradition. I taught her Dad and his big brother all sorts of thing... :lol:

Shoveling snow and scraping windshields DOES kinda take some of the fun out of Winter, doesn't it...
...and then neither my hair nor my skin appreciate your Winter either. :?