Shop Tip

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Shop Tip

Post by PHPaul » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Do you have a rough wood or concrete floor in your shop? Difficult if not impossible to roll a chair or creeper across it?

My basement floor is 70-odd years old and wasn't finished beyond hand troweling to begin with. Rougher than a cob and the computer chair I use at my hobby bench was nearly impossible to roll across it. It got bad enough that it was just easier to stand up, drag the chair to where I wanted it and sit down again. Aggravating.

A guy on a gun board I hang out on pointed me at these polyurethane roller blade casters. 5 minute job to pop out the old casters and pop these in.

Now, even with my fat ass sitting in it, one push with my toe will scoot me all the way across the room.

GeneMO

Re: Shop Tip

Post by GeneMO » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 pm

That's all fine and dandy till they find you three miles down the road, upside down in a ditch. :lol:
Gene

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:10 pm

First time I shoved off, I darn near crashed into my diorama. THAT would have resulted in some interesting language...

GeneSC

Post by GeneSC » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:31 pm

Good find Paul, may have to look into that, but FIRST, I have to clean my shop out!! can't even walk sideways through it much less roll a chair through it. When I finish my current projects gonna take a break for about a week and clean the shop and my office up so I'll have room to move a little!!! :mrgreen:

Bernie/MA

Post by Bernie/MA » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:24 pm

A lot of my stuff is on wheels but I have no room to move it. Maybe when the hip works again......

Dieselrider

Post by Dieselrider » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:24 pm

GeneMO wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 pm
That's all fine and dandy till they find you three miles down the road, upside down in a ditch. :lol:
Gene
lol!