Turkey season starts here this coming Monday

Stories, News and General Yakking
GeneMO

Turkey season starts here this coming Monday

Post by GeneMO » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Got a few "hides" carved out of some brush at new sites. Going to (maybe) start scouting in the morning. Not much too it here. I have lived here three times longer than we have had turkey, so I know the nooks and crannies as well as they do. Just need to see which roosting site they are using the most this year. They actually have about 3 on the place, several on the neighbors, but I can shoot through the woven wire fence.

Not may mushrooms. Turned off so danged cold. Getting into the lower 30's at night. Mid 50's during the day. We looked yesterday but got skunked.
I am going to keep trying. As usual, the underbrush gets too tall and dense, making the ground hard to see. Danged climate change I guess.

Gene

Bkeepr

Re: Turkey season starts here this coming Monday

Post by Bkeepr » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:53 pm

I've never hunted turkey, but can see the attraction. But I'd really rather have pheasants back here than the turkeys we have now--different habitat and around here the pheasants all died off but we've got lots of turkeys now.

A friend of mine just started finding the first Morels last week, got a pretty good haul.