Hey "14"

Stories, News and General Yakking
GeneSC

Hey "14"

Post by GeneSC » Tue May 05, 2020 8:25 pm

My grinder tracks very well going forward, but in reverse it throws the belt no matter where I place the tracking wheel, and was thinking,(dangerous I know) could it be that I need to 'tweak' the motor just a bit?? with a metal straightedge it looks like the grinder wheel and whatever tool pulley lines up good, It doesn't line up with the top idler pulley perfectly, I have even took the belt off and turned it backward so it is running in the direction of the arrows on the belt with not much better success, any guesses and info will be appreciated.-------------Gene.

Oh, BTW, My brother and I have been working on an attachment to surface grind and I think we have almost perfected it. I need one more adjustment bolt ( will pick up tomorrow) and will try to make a video and send to you...
LOVING THE GRINDER!!!!----------------Gene

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Hey "14"

Post by PHPaul » Wed May 06, 2020 5:42 am

Beyond the alignment issues we discussed before I have no idea what to try next.

Looking forward to pictures of the surfacing adapter!

GeneSC

Post by GeneSC » Wed May 06, 2020 6:04 pm

SHOOT!!!!! went out to shop this eve. and set up my video camera and turned on the bright HOT halogen flood lights and started.
about halfway through the video and narrative noticed that the "record" light was no longer on! BATTERY DEAD!!!!and didn't have another one... will try again tomorrow :cry:

GeneSC

Post by GeneSC » Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Got new batteries, tried again, "not enough space on SD card. found another one in an old camera (16GB) cleared it and Finally finished the video, (File size too large for email) Can't find (or figure out) how to change the size?? May have to change the setting in the camera and start all over!!!!!