Well HELL

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim in RP

Well HELL

Post by Jim in RP » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:40 am

I’m wondering if this post will fly here, on The Home Board? I will try to keep this formatted in a way that you can fallow along with my train of thought.
I turned 73 the last time I checked. That makes me one of the first of the Baby Boomers. Please do not blame me for that. I had NOTHING to do with the date of my birth. It did have a lot to do with the relationship between me and the rest of my family. My closest older brother is 4 years older, (WW 2) and my closest younger brother is just 1.5 years younger.

I’m sure that I will piss off some of you. If I get booted off of here so be it, but I am willing to run that risk.
Some time back one of you ask me what I thought of this Filipino President, Rodrigo Duterte. According to him his family name is pronounced “Du-30s”. I hold him in high regards. Something I CAN NOT do for Trump. Maria called Trump “The UGLY Russian in the White House”. I call Trump a lot of things none of which is flattering for anybody.

My U.S. Army Duty Stations…
17 years old entered service, Boot Camp at Ft. Knox. Infantry training at Ft. Poke. Jump School at Ft. Benning. First PDS, 501 Airborne Infantry 101 Airborne Div., Ft Campbell. C/2/7 Cav. First Cav. Div. Viet Nam. 17th. Cav. 82ed. Airborne Div. Ft. Bragg. Second trip to Boot Camp. Ft. Ord. 18th Airborne Corps Brigade Aviation Ft. Bragg. 120th. Aviation Co. Brigade Aviation Ft. Richardson. End of service (ETS). That took me one week short of 10 full years on active duty and left me with 3 Honorable discharges and 3 DD 214s.

My views on Homo Sexuality…
First off other person’s sexual preference is none of my GD business.
If two males are loving on each other, why should that brother me? That means that there is at least two females that are not being chased after by them, meaning that there are two females that could be chased by me.
I know you going to say, “Well what if it is two Tom Boys?”. First I say, It’s none of my GD business. I say, how in the world, can I fault someone else for loving the ladies when I love the ladies myself?

My views on Religion…
After studying the bible ( The RYRIE Study Bible (New Testament)) for two years, I came away knowing that a lot of todays religions are BS. I know you bible thumpers going call me a Devil. That is OK with me, just as long as you do not call me late for supper. This two years pulled the blinders off my religious eyes. First King James really screwed the New Testament up. He left out several of the books verified by the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. All of the books of the Bible were composed by MEN. Several of them were written by convects in prison. Jesus was convicted of a capital crime and hung for it. I know Jesus was innocent just like every convect in prison today. If anyone cares to differ with me, please show me proof in any historical records. I would really like to see that. In the time of Jesus, Christianity was considered a cult by the Jews and the Romans loved watching the Christian cultist being fed to the lions, ALIVE.

I am hoping that this post might get some of you good folks stired up enough to post something. This chat board has been way to quit for way too long.

That’s my two centavos.
What’s your two cents?
Only The Dead Have Seen The end of WAR. "Plato"

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Well HELL

Post by PHPaul » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:35 am

I disagree with several of your views, but it's a free country and as long as it stays civil, nothing will be censored here.

I do agree with the "mind your own business" approach when it comes to how others choose to live their life.

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:48 am

;) Thank you. :)

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:52 am

I hope somebody gets riled up enough to post, but it is not me.

I am curious though, if you don’t mind, why you ETS’d at 10 years. Half way to retirement at that point. None of my GD business but am always curious about stuff like that. My kid’s father in law did about the same thing, and has told me several times he wished he had stayed in.

GeneMO

Post by GeneMO » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:30 am

I was born in 1954. That made me just a tad too young to get an all expense paid trip to SE Asia. My youngest son did serve in the Navy and my Tiger cruise that I took with him out in the Atlantic was one of the neatest things I have ever done. They even let me take the helm of the ship. I was all over the place!! Anyway, I enjoyed reading your view of things. As far as the Homo and Lesbo thing, that whole deal leaves me confused. We have been conned as a society to accept it all as normal, but I think those folks have some mental issues that are untreated.

off your topic, yesterday I went into Fakebook and deleted every group that I was a part of that had anything to do with Politics and the so called "News" I was spending half my time pissed off cause of stuff I read on there. I realized nothing I read on there would change my mind on who I voted for, and nothing I said was going to change anyone else's mind, so why waste my time. I will not read or participate in anything on Fakebook any longer unless it involves hobbies, Family and kids, or something that is fun and makes me laugh.

With all that being said, I gotta get outside and do some stuff. Have a wonderful day !! (Remember how that ticked Ron off? He didn't like anyone telling him what kinda day to have) :D

Gene

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:54 pm

Bkeepr wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:52 am
I am curious though, if you don’t mind, why you ETS’d at 10 years. Half way to retirement at that point. None of my GD business but am always curious about stuff like that.
Bkeepr,

My last three years in service was 1975 to 1978, at Ft. Richardson AK., just after the Viet Nam war ended. The moral in me and in the Army during that time was very low. I was E-5 over 12 for pay purposes making $8,000.oo a year. Wife (#2) was working for a 7-11 stile of convenient store for two years making 22,000.oo a year. We were a family of 5, wife me 3 kids and the kids were all under 10 years old. Two of the kids are hers and two are mine. I came down on PCS orders for the 101st. at Ft Campbell, KY. My thought was if we went to the 101st. we would lose $22,000. If I got out of the Army we would not lose any because I had already secured a job in Wasilla Alaska that would pay 15 or 20 thousand a year.
On top of the finance situation the Army had turned into a political BS cut throat origination that did not work wall with my postwar way of thinking.
There were other factors in my choice to ETS. At the age of 31 I was fast learning to be the father and family man. It was what is best for the family. What did I value more the Army or my Family. The choice was easy. When the Army and I parted ways I was a senior helicopter mechanic with 8 year experience. Even after 42 years I believe it was the best decision I could make at that time.

Thanks for asking. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:01 am

Jim in RP wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:54 pm
Bkeepr wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:52 am
I am curious though, if you don’t mind, why you ETS’d at 10 years. Half way to retirement at that point. None of my GD business but am always curious about stuff like that.
Bkeepr,

My last three years in service was 1975 to 1978, at Ft. Richardson AK., just after the Viet Nam war ended....Thanks for asking. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
Jim,

Thanks for answering, and I fully understand.

for me, I joined the Army in July '75 at 18, and it was truly in a shambles. Drugs, racial problems, violence (every battalion Field Officer of the Day at Ft Hood, at least, was armed with live ammo because it was so dangerous), lack of care, leadership, and training etc etc etc. Just a mess.

My father was a 20-year WW II vet who could not understand what it was like at that time, and how the great Army that *he* knew had fallen apart so completely, so fast. President Reagan was one major turning point, but a lot of good leaders were taking over in the late 70s and early 80s, too, real leaders. The Army was certainly in *far* better shape when I left it than when I joined, something to be proud of.