looks like summer

Stories, News and General Yakking
ma10

looks like summer

Post by ma10 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:26 pm

brand new round bales in our hayfields, there's hummy birds on the feeders, had li'l neighbor kids screamin', spashin', and swimmin' in the pool a few times, and Rosie and i finally went fishin' together last week for the first time in two years. hell,...if i din't know better i'd think things were just peaches and cream around here. guess i cain't complain much tho...got some change in my pocket, coffee in the pot ever' mornin', and even got a few things comin' up in the garden.

haven' had a chance to catch up on what all y'all been up to, but i hope ever'one is doin' good. looks like i showed up jest in time to contribute to my favorite charity....Pauly :D :D guess i'll float a bad check up thataway.

it's about o'beer thirty around here, so grab you a cold one and we'll shoot the breeze a while

Bkeepr

Re: looks like summer

Post by Bkeepr » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:07 pm

ma10, good to hear from you. We've had some hot days our way, but today wasn't one of them. It was perfect weather in my book, almost no humidity, temperature around 75 and sunny. Shot me a groundhog in the garden, but not before he's eaten a good deal of the beets, lettuce, and peppers. It was #8 on the year so far, which is a lot-- I usually shoot about 6 or so in an entire year, and really the gardening year has just started.

Glad you're doing good.

Bkeepr Tom A

RickyB

Post by RickyB » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:58 pm

good to see you around these parts Ma10.

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:44 pm

Hey, Mikey, good to hear from ya!

Ya really should drop in more often, this place is deader than disco most of the time.

bwillett

Post by bwillett » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:48 am

Hey, Mikey.....Doing good up here in the Buckeye.....I retired last October, went back 2 days a week in November, worked until the plague hit, and they said I was on stand-by. Since then they offered me a different position , still part-time, and I refused, because i figured out I could live on the SS checks,

So now I am doing what I want to, when I want to..... I think I can keep myself busy with little projects around the property for quite a while..... :D
Bill Willett
West Central Ohio
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it is all about?

ma10

Post by ma10 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 am

deader'n a disco? that don't surprise me....when was the last time someone offered up a mugful of go juice in this ol' bunkhouse? i can't even say good morning to Rosie afore slurpin' down a cuppa mud much less shoot the breeze with all you saddlebums. i'm blamin' them damn Keurigs fer that....kinda selfish makin' only one cup if'n you ask me. you'll always find a 12 cup potful on this here campfire that yor welcome to as long as you don't be mopin' around no9t sayin' howdy. so......grab you a mugful

ma10

Post by ma10 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:20 am

So now I am doing what I want to, when I want to..... I think I can keep myself busy with little projects around the property for quite a while..... :D
[/quote]

good on you pal. mess around with all them projects but don't be thinkin' you'll ever get 'em all done. best you go out and find you a boat and spend some time washin' lures or drownin' worms.

ma10

Post by ma10 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:24 am

Bkeepr wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:07 pm
ma10, good to hear from you. We've had some hot days our way, but today wasn't one of them. It was perfect weather in my book, almost no humidity, temperature around 75 and sunny. Shot me a groundhog in the garden, but not before he's eaten a good deal of the beets, lettuce, and peppers. It was #8 on the year so far, which is a lot-- I usually shoot about 6 or so in an entire year, and really the gardening year has just started.

Glad you're doing good.

Bkeepr Tom A
keep shootin' them damn whistelpigs Tom got too many of them things puttin' off springtime ever' year as it is. when you get done there c'mon down here an' pop some o' my armydillers wouldja?

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:27 am

I would love to go visit you. Armadillers are pretty slow, as I recall, but you can never have too much practice with a firearm! :D

Patria

Post by Patria » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:51 pm

ma10, it's really good to see you again. I have not been online a lot this past year but when I did I did not see you posting.

It is great to see you are doing fine!