Wow - Time to buy a Lotto ticket!

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Wow - Time to buy a Lotto ticket!

Post by PHPaul » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:25 pm

I've owned (along with Momma) this house for 45 years. She bought it from her Father a couple of years before we were married.

In all that time, the septic system has NEVER been touched. No pumping, no treatments - nothing.

We've kind of been holding our breath waiting for it to fail. Finally decided to hire a guy with a camera to inspect it in place. He showed up today and everything went very smoothly. Got the cleanout off the soil pipe without issue, ran the camera down the pipe to the tank with no problems. Couple of minor sags in the pipe but nothing that needed correcting. No roots, no breaks, no clogs. Tank DOES need to be pumped (no surprise there) but all evidence indicates that the drain field is fine and working as designed and the tank and covers are in good shape. Tank did need a new baffle on the outlet, easy-peasy.

All good news, but the best part is WHERE the tank is. Right where I've always said it was (based on the rectangular dead spot in the grass every summer) and not within 75 feet of where Momma has sworn for YEARS that it was. Not that I'd rub that in or anything...

Bkeepr

Re: Wow - Time to buy a Lotto ticket!

Post by Bkeepr » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Yep, you oughtta! Our tank is about the same age, but it has been pumped regularly every 6-7 years. Ours is a two-tank system with a pump to move the effluent from the second tank to the drainfield, about 75' away, all uphill. We've had to replace the pump twice in the 21 years we've been here, and the baffle went out this past winter. So I've counted myself as lucky, but you are THE MAN. :D

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:52 am

I guess nobody else wanted to comment on your $hitty subject, Fawteen! :lol:

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:53 am

Yup, I guess they're all anti-septic... :shock: