Gerrit

Stories, News and General Yakking
Patria

Gerrit

Post by Patria » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:18 am

Hommies,

Friday marked a year of Gerrit's departure. Still a shock. Still like this is not what and how it was suppose to be like because we talked about it dozens of times.

On our first anniversary of his passing the dogs and me planted a miniature Cruz de Malta bush by the Roble tree we put in the back yard last year during one of Gerrit's funeral services with some of our families and friends. I'm planning on making it an orange type of color garden - Netherland's almost-national color. I love it.

Gerrit loved this forum and was heartbroken with RonPA's passing. He kept saying to me "what now?", and not because of the administration of the forum that Fawteen has so kindly, and brave!, took it in his hands to carry on with its running, it was because he felt Ron was the heart of this place. Of course Gerrit never knew of Wylie Coyote's departure.. Anyone remembers the date?

GeneSC

Re: Gerrit

Post by GeneSC » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Patria, yeah, I can't let it sink in that he's not with us anymore, hardly a day goes by that I don't think about all the help he's given me through the years about computers. And I cherish the week that we were together at Peanuts Gathering. Glad to see you posting and hope you are doing well...Love
Gene & Molly

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi, Patria.

Hard to believe it's been a year already. Seems like yesterday and still sadly missed.

The place definitely isn't the same without Ron and Gerrit, but I like to think of it as a small memorial that we're soldiering on in their absence.

Sure would like to see Peanut come back, anybody in touch with him?

bwillett

Post by bwillett » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:56 am

Patria, I, too, miss Gerrit. Sometimes internet friends are closer to you than you think. Ron/Pa was like that to me, also....
Bill Willett
West Central Ohio
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it is all about?

Patria

Post by Patria » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:40 pm

GeneSC wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:41 pm
Patria, yeah, I can't let it sink in that he's not with us anymore, hardly a day goes by that I don't think about all the help he's given me through the years about computers. And I cherish the week that we were together at Peanuts Gathering. Glad to see you posting and hope you are doing well...Love
Gene & Molly
Gene, we had soooooo much fun at the Peanuts huh...

Please say hi to Molly for me. Hugs!

Patria

Post by Patria » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:47 pm

PHPaul wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:54 pm
Hi, Patria.

Hard to believe it's been a year already. Seems like yesterday and still sadly missed.

The place definitely isn't the same without Ron and Gerrit, but I like to think of it as a small memorial that we're soldiering on in their absence.

Sure would like to see Peanut come back, anybody in touch with him?
Paul, you are doing a great job here and I'm sure Ron and Gerrit are as proud of you as we are.

Patria

Post by Patria » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm

bwillett wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:56 am
Patria, I, too, miss Gerrit. Sometimes internet friends are closer to you than you think. Ron/Pa was like that to me, also....

bwillett, you are right about the friendships born in these forums. It's amazing.

Be well,

daninbama

Post by daninbama » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:06 pm

Don't seem like a year already. But time flys Patia and I hope you are fairing well. Dan

Patria

Post by Patria » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:33 pm

I'm doing good, Dan, and I'm busy with all the work to maintain the house/lot, and I like it.

We'll see.

GeneMO

Post by GeneMO » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:51 pm

I was kinda a newcomer, and missed out on the great gathering. But still glad I got in on what I did. Take care and keep your chin up.

Gene