Small riot in Jefferson City

Stories, News and General Yakking
GeneMO

Small riot in Jefferson City

Post by GeneMO » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:34 pm

So the little mall decided to host an outdoor carnival in the parking lot. Pretty good sized, we saw it when we went to visit Tammys folks Thursday.

So this morning on the "news" I see where they had a small scale riot/fight/brawl the night before last at the carnival.

I guess I am being racist if I point out that they were all young black kids. About 25 is my guess.

The community tried to put on an event to draw in business. To give the residents and others in the area a nice outing for the kids and families. And it is ruined by these thugs. This was all blacks. But you look at the rioting in the big cities and it is all young, white kids. No doubt kids with good family incomes, plenty of opportunity and privilege, WTF is wrong with these spoiled brats?? This is the generation of "Everyone gets a trophy". Living in mom and dads basement playing games on their I pad. No jobs obviously as they are always out in the street. They need to start loading stock salt in shotgun shells and just peppering the hell outa them.

OK, My rant. Gene

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Small riot in Jefferson City

Post by PHPaul » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Threads like this often get out of hand, but I think we're all adult enough to discuss it calmly.

My opinion is that a lot of the problem is a lack of parenting. Either lack of a parent entirely (single Moms are not the optimal situation for raising a well-adjusted kid) or lack of direction/discipline/expectations/boundaries/consequences at home. Too easy to park the kid in front of the TV or a video game and let them do the baby sitting instead of putting some effort into "teaching them in the way that they should go."

Of course, that goes back 2 or 3 generations, if not more.

swampy

Post by swampy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:21 pm

I guess time outs is not working to good now. :?

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:30 pm

swampy wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:21 pm
I guess time outs is not working to good now. :?
:lol:

In the 50's/early 60's a "time out" was needed to let my ass cheeks cool off...

swampy

Post by swampy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sid

Post by Sid » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 am

PHPaul wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:50 pm
Threads like this often get out of hand, but I think we're all adult enough to discuss it calmly.

My opinion is that a lot of the problem is a lack of parenting. Either lack of a parent entirely (single Moms are not the optimal situation for raising a well-adjusted kid) or lack of direction/discipline/expectations/boundaries/consequences at home. Too easy to park the kid in front of the TV or a video game and let them do the baby sitting instead of putting some effort into "teaching them in the way that they should go."

Of course, that goes back 2 or 3 generations, if not more.
I agree for what it is worth