Deer repellants

Stories, News and General Yakking
GeneMO

Deer repellants

Post by GeneMO » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 am

I was down yesterday putting out some whole corn for the wifes deer feeder. Both dogs were along, ad the beagle peed on the leg of the box.
So got me to thinking about all those old wives tails about putting out ivory soap, or human hair to keep deer out of the garden. So I peed IN the box!
Then I spit in it. Then I had some chainsaw gas, and chain oil in the side by side, so I poured out a bit of that on the ground. I pulled out some of my hair, put that in on top of the grain. Finally I poured out a tiny bit of my Captain and Coke. Just a sip mind you! That was at 6:00 pm. or 1800 for Beekeeper :lol: Anyway less than an hour later there was a doe calmly eating at the feeder. Guess I shoulda pooped in front of the feeder, but well, I didn't have to go. :lol:

Have fun folks! Gene

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Deer repellants

Post by PHPaul » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 pm

Last Spring/Summer, the #)($ woods rats were eating EVERYTHING. They even ate my potatoes right to the ground. Hosta and tulips didn't have a chance. The Winter before that, they were snacking on my Yarrow hedge and Yarrow is supposed to be toxic!

So far (knock on wood) they haven't molested my gardens this year. Don't know what changed, but I'm damn glad to see it!