The battle continues

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim in RP

The battle continues

Post by Jim in RP » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:54 am

I sent this to the VA in Manila a couple of weeks back. I did NOT get a reply. I did manage to find a Doc. that knew how to help, right here in Dumaguete. Left leg is doing a lot better now and I now have a prepaid ticket for a ride in the big oven. :lol:
Maria has a Permeant Medical Power of Attorney and my Will.
Got news that my grandson crashed his new Harley, last night, and is now in the ICU and the people there are trying to keep the presser in his head down. He got there bleeding from both ears and vomiting blood. He is listed in critical/guarded condition. On 25 Sep. 2004 his father, my only son, died when he crashed his Harley form brain trauma.
I have my SS 250 and reading gear, up for sale.

To the Manila VA OPC;
21:00 just got back home after spending over 9 hours in SUMC ER. Those hours were the worst 9 hours I have wasted in a very long time and more than 21,000 pesos. I have a IV port still in my hand. My leg is swollen to the knee red and very sore. My meds are now all confusing to me. Taking VA proscribed pain pills to help combat the leg pain. Do NOT KNOW what todo at this point, afraid I might be loosing my left leg. Can't get to a real hospital because of this covid19 lockdown. I guess all that is left is to make preparations for my death. I do not see anything that the VA WILL do to help. I keep trusting that the VA will help but the VA keeps proving me WRONG. The VA continues to make me ashamed to admit that I am an American Combat Veteran. Do you honestly think that you as a Manila VA OPC employee can really do something to help me? I am very cereus to know your answer. Yes I surely know that you people have your hands cuffed behind your backs by the feds and I would never blame any of you for the very poor way us vets are treated here in the PI.

C.I.B: Combat Infantry, the ultimate hunt, where the hunter
becomes the hunted and the pray shoot back.
Only The Dead Have Seen The end of WAR. "Plato"

GeneMO

Re: The battle continues

Post by GeneMO » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Didn't Trump fix it so that if the VA is not available, you can go to a private hospital? My Father in law, a WWII vet has had nothing but good luck with the VA here in Columbia, MO. My son went there to just "get in the system" and they bent over backwards to get him set up.

Wish you were here in Central MO. They would fix you up.

Best of wishes, Gene

Dave Wi

Post by Dave Wi » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Uh, that was done by Obama in 2014, sorry have to callout the B.S,

Red Dave

Post by Red Dave » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:45 am

Dave Wi wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:09 pm
Uh, that was done by Obama in 2014, sorry have to callout the B.S,

Maybe obama did something in 2014, maybe he didn't I don't know, but President Donald J. Trump signed the Veterans Choice Program Extension and Improvement Act on April 18, so military veterans can continue receiving health care in the civilian sector when care is not easily accessible from a Veterans Affairs Department provider.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Ar ... -care-law/

Just to keep the record straight.

Dave Wi

Post by Dave Wi » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:19 am

That is absolutely correct April 18 "2018" just a way for him to take credit for someone else work

Red Dave

Post by Red Dave » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:47 am

Dave Wi wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:19 am
That is absolutely correct April 18 "2018" just a way for him to take credit for someone else work
No, it was April 18, 2017.

Obama did sign a bill in 2014. According to the New York Times in 2016, it didn't fix much.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/us/v ... -care.html

Just to keep the record straight.

Dave Wi

Post by Dave Wi » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:52 am

Sorry Jim, I hope all works out with your situation, I will not argue the point anymore because I will not SINK to their level.

Red Dave

Post by Red Dave » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Facts count.

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:39 pm

You know guys, I have never known the difference between the Democrats and/or the Republicans. I have always thought all of then as just more CROOKs in the government. I do not give a rats ass who was in office at the time. The US government has been screwing me sense 1964. I have regretted My part in the killing of Vietnamese every day sense I killed the first one. The US government taught me, at the age of 17, to hate and to turn any and all of my emotions into HATE. They did a damm good job of that training. Now the US government fear Vets like me because they know we have been trained very well in the art of killing. If you have been through that brain washing machine you know what I am talking about.
I love it here in the PI. I do not fear the government or the police. I can talk to the police without fear that they will shoot my in the back or take my to jail for breathing the government's air.
I am sorry that my post got you started in a political shouting match. That was mot my intention. The political party I belong to is the Party of THREE. The "Party of THREE" is "Me, Myself and I" and in this Party we do not give a shit how the candidates are because me know it dose not matter, they are all the same.
Now you know a little more about Jim and the way he was taught to view the US Government and that is not good.
So, good day my friends I'm off to breakfast and a new day in sunny PI. :P
Only The Dead Have Seen The end of WAR. "Plato"