TS Laura in PR

Stories, News and General Yakking
Patria

TS Laura in PR

Post by Patria » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:35 am

Hey Hommies, for those of you who might be wondering how I fared Laura, I quoted a thread from KL in reply to mowmud.

Patria

Post by mowmud » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:31 pm

A double whammy? I hope you are well. Seems as though there is no end to it. ... But two at once?

My thoughts are with you. Makes me wonder whats worse, a hurricane or a blizzard.

You keep yourself good girl.

Re: Patria

Post by Patria » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:31 am

LOL mowmud, a hurricane or a blizzard? Give me a hurricane over a blizzard, an earthquake, or fires like the poor folks on the west are getting. One day of a hurricane but next day I go about picking up the pieces under the Caribbean skies , with good weather and houses in concrete that withstand the winds.

But luckily this time we only had tropical storm winds of 50-60 mph with the power on for most of the day. Last night the power was off but I slept with one of the fantastic Ryobi battery operated fans on, that Gerrit bought a little after Maria. And today I woke up to business as usual with clear skies and power's back and no water but I switch on the wonderful 'aqueduct' system Gerrit had installed years ago. ;)

For the rest, we are all in the same boat with this covid-19 pandemic, and THAT is so worrisome, and in so many ways. Yet again, I can't help it to think about what would Gerrit's opinions about it would be..

Bkeepr

Re: TS Laura in PR

Post by Bkeepr » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:32 am

Patria,

thanks for the update, and for your sunny, truly awe-inspiring good spirits.

I'm glad you fared well, and hope that your spirits, kindness, and Gerrit's handiwork continue to inspire...

Tom

Patria

Re: TS Laura in PR and now Texas/Louisiana

Post by Patria » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:44 am

Tom, I'm keeping in my thoughts folks in TX and LA that are in Laura's path and hope they are riding this one out in a safe place.

I'm sorry to say I'm not sure in which towns our Texas friends live, I know Ricky is in central TX though... and I need to get in contact with Ann.

RickyB

Post by RickyB » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:55 am

Hello Patria. All good here. I am worried about Ann.She was right in that thing.Not sure of the facts but I have heard that Ann has dementia.I have tried calling her recently and cannot get a hold of her.

Patria

Post by Patria » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:08 pm

Ricky, I'm so sorry to hear that, Ann is such a wonderful lady. I met her in the Almanac forum.