I know nobody here wants it, but wanted to share

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

I know nobody here wants it, but wanted to share

Post by Bkeepr » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:11 pm

I feel bad, but am finally pulling the trigger on selling my old NH 66 baler, but my Italian mini-round baler has been just too good, I'll never go back to the NH.

struggled with the price but this seems to be the local market right now-- moderately old NH balers are going for $1,500 in this area. I tried to be fair describing the baler's condition, but it is about 60 years old, and so could fall apart tomorrow.

Here's my ad on Craig's list. Probably wrong time to be selling a baler, but I figure somebody with a small farm and some time on their hands could make it a project to use next year.

https://frederick.craigslist.org/grd/d/ ... 79070.html

Paul, if this is against your posting rules, just tell me and I'll kill it...I really don't expect anybody on the board to buy it, just trying to make conversation. :D

Red Dave

Re: I know nobody here wants it, but wanted to share

Post by Red Dave » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:42 pm

I don't know if there are any in your area, but around here I would expect an Amish to snap that up. Older, self powered, for small scale operation, easy to convert for horse pulled it would check most, if not all of their boxes.

If you can, I would suggest an ad in the classified section of Lancaster Farming Newspaper. Circulation all over PA, NY, MD, DE, VA, NJ, maybe more. Reaches farmers, horse people, Amish, etc.

https://www.lancasterfarming.com/

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:30 pm

No problem, Tom and Good Luck!

Nothing in the mail yet?

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:16 pm

PHPaul wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:30 pm
No problem, Tom and Good Luck!

Nothing in the mail yet?
Thanks.

No, the USPS worker's union is busy trying to make political hay, so they're slowing down deliveries, mis-routing packages etc...

And I'm guessing you didn't get anything either?

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Not yet. As you say, feet are dragging...

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Red Dave wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:42 pm
I don't know if there are any in your area, but around here I would expect an Amish to snap that up. Older, self powered, for small scale operation, easy to convert for horse pulled it would check most, if not all of their boxes.

If you can, I would suggest an ad in the classified section of Lancaster Farming Newspaper. Circulation all over PA, NY, MD, DE, VA, NJ, maybe more. Reaches farmers, horse people, Amish, etc.

https://www.lancasterfarming.com/
Red Dave,

thanks, I hadn't thought of them, but I've bought stuff out of the Lancaster journal before so probably should have remembered. If I don't get any hits this way, I will broaden my advertising! Appreciate the reminder!

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:19 pm

PHPaul wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:17 pm
Not yet. As you say, feet are dragging...
Some of my Mom's prescription meds were a week late because of it...I watched the package get routed and mis-routed all over Creation before it finally arrived, after she'd already missed several doses. :evil:

Bernie/MA

Post by Bernie/MA » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:57 pm

I'm lucky because my friend that''s buying my equipment was wanting it before I sugggested he buy it, altho we haven't settled on a price yet. He's baling tomorrow.

Bkeepr

Scam?? Re: I know nobody here wants it, but wanted to share

Post by Bkeepr » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:32 pm

OK, maybe I'm overly concerned about scams, but this just doesn't "smell right." I got this pretty terse email through the Craig's List email relay:

"I saw your ad. I want to buy it. Are you the first owner of it ? I don't check cl mail , so email me XXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com"

I guess the fact that CL doesn't have its own email, it just relays blind emails back and forth between sellers and buyers, makes me a bit concerned. I've never been scammed on CL, and I'd rather not start now. I don't need the money, and I don't need to sell the baler, either. I'm really just trying to find it a good home and get something back from my original buy.

Am I being overly concerned here?

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:23 pm

No, you're not overly concerned. The "gmail" address is a clue. I NEVER use anything but Craigslist relay until I'm pretty sure I know who I'm dealing with. At the very least, they're harvesting email addresses for a spammer.