Bought some off-brand kielbasa...

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Bought some off-brand kielbasa...

Post by PHPaul » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:12 am

We like a batch of Kielbasa & Kraut now and then. We usually get Hillshire Farms brand and it's quite good.

For some reason, we had a package of some other brand (don't recall, threw the packaging away) and well...I don't want to say it was nasty but the dang SEAGULLS won't even eat it!

Anything we can't compost or feed to the chickens we put out front and either the seagulls or the crows clean it up. There's usually a gull sitting on the peak of the roof in the morning waiting to see if the buffet will be set up.

I went out and set the bowl down and heard Heathcliffe (or maybe it was Gertrude) flap down and check it out. They're used to me and are usually chowing down before I get turned around to go back in the house. I checked as I closed the front door and saw the gull barfing up several slices and flying away.

If you've seen some of the disgusting stuff a gull will eat, you KNOW that's nasty!

Bkeepr

Re: Bought some off-brand kielbasa...

Post by Bkeepr » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 am

Wow, that's scary! It's too bad you don't remember the brand, I'd love to know.

Jim in RP

Re: Bought some off-brand kielbasa...

Post by Jim in RP » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:23 am

PHPaul wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:12 am
For some reason, we had a package of some other brand (don't recall, threw the packaging away) and well...I don't want to say it was nasty but the dang SEAGULLS won't even eat it!
If you've seen some of the disgusting stuff a gull will eat, you KNOW that's nasty!
KNOW that's nasty! Yes it is and it is still VERY funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only The Dead Have Seen The end of WAR. "Plato"