Hmmm, "Therapeutic Property Diminishment"?

Stories, News and General Yakking
Red Dave

Hmmm, "Therapeutic Property Diminishment"?

Post by Red Dave » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 pm

I travel around some dark alleys of these interwebs in search of the odd tidbit or two of information nearly every day. I stumbled across this:

https://www.lootsafe.org/

It's a really bizarre concept, but these are bizarre times and on the internet bizarre is commonplace.

I haven't decided yet whether somebody is doing a parody, being sarcastic or is serious.

Ret

Re: Hmmm, "Therapeutic Property Diminishment"?

Post by Ret » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:03 pm

She is real alright. Vicky Osterweil. She is an activist and writer
Ret

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 am

Interesting concept. I didn't read a lot, but skimmed the website. I guess it is not too very different from the "Free Cycle" website that I use to get rid of good stuff that I don't need anymore, except this one has "liberal guilt" attached to the giving. Is that how y'all read it?

Well, whatever floats your boat, eh?

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:20 am

So I posted about this on my Facebook page. I have a very mixed pallet of friends-- from far left to far right, and everything in between-- so somebody will 'splain it to me, I'm sure.

So far, one of my moderate-liberal friends posted to ask me if I was sure it wasn't a new Monty Python spoof. :lol: I haven't heard from any of the most-liberal ones, but they're probably just not out of bed yet. :lol: :lol: Or, those on the extremes have quit "following" me during the election cycle because I'm not one of them... :roll:

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 am

Ok, this is funny. Response from one of the most liberal friends I have—very far left 20 something — she doesn’t know if it is real or a joke either. If real, even she thinks it’s a joke.

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm

I just skimmed it, but I'm willing to share some of my stash of lead. Small amounts yes, but at high velocity... :shock: :lol: