Well, that's enough of that ssss....

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Well, that's enough of that ssss....

Post by PHPaul » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:46 pm

stuff.

Been on a cleaning/sorting/disposal binge.

Mawteen started it, cleaned out the mudroom. 4 contractor bags full of crapola that's been collecting, mostly disposable plant pots that I was gonna reuse "someday" and other gardening detritus. About half of the stuff I put out by the road with a "Free Pot(s)" sign disappeared.

Next day, when it was too dang hot to go outdoors, I started on the basement. Another 30 gallon trash can full of trash, and about half a pickup load of stuff to go to Goodwill.

Today I cleaned out the shed I built into the end of the ell on the barn. Half a pickup load to go to the dum...uh...."transfer station", some more stuff out by the road and a pretty good wad added to my scrap metal pile. I have a big tote down there, when it gets full-ish, I lug it up to the transfer station and dump it in their big dumpster. Local scrap place closed, next place is 65 miles away and price of scrap won't pay for the gas.

Got that little shed cleaned out and decided to replace the rotten window as well. Have had a new vinyl unit we bought for something else and decided was too small just laying around for a couple of months, so framed in the hole and used that.

FAR too productive the last few days, my reputation is in tatters...

Red Dave

Re: Well, that's enough of that ssss....

Post by Red Dave » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Cleaning up? Catching up on projects?

You better knock that crap off or you'll make the rest of us look bad.
If my wife ever finds out that some of my ju... uh, reserve inventory could be disposed of, I'm gonna want to blame you.

PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:06 pm

It's a Potemkin Village.

I spend a couple of days with much activity and fanfare getting rid of a relatively small amount of crapola.

Mawteen is impressed with my industriousness and steely-eyed resolve to reduce clutter.

Meanwhile, my REAL stash of ju...uh..."inactive inventory" goes unmolested and (hopefully) unnoticed.

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:48 am

A brilliant strategy, 14!

GeneSC

Post by GeneSC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Red Dave wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:39 pm
Cleaning up? Catching up on projects?

You better knock that crap off or you'll make the rest of us look bad.
If my wife ever finds out that some of my ju... uh, reserve inventory could be disposed of, I'm gonna want to blame you.
Man!! I look really bad and can't even walk through my shop... but I'll get around to cleaning it out one of these days (maybe) :mrgreen: