Woodstock

Stories, News and General Yakking
moll

Woodstock

Post by moll » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:44 pm

On another group they were talking about how monumental an event it was
and how that generation "really got it." My reply;

The weirdest part of it is that generation was the only one in the history of the world that could claim infinite knowledge at an early age, isn't that something? Gee whiz, next gen we had to wait until we were old to know everything. Reminds me, I was born into a farming family but early ambition led me to become a part time professional comedian. This went pretty well for me up to around the time of my 18th birthday when the principal would no longer let me in the building and I had to strike out on my own. I received only one standing ovation for my efforts, that being from the entire faculty at graduation. these included the kitchen crew, which I still haven't quite wrapped my head around, but so be it.

Jerry

Re: Woodstock

Post by Jerry » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 pm

I heard the other day that they (Woodstock promoters) were expecting 100,000 and there was 500,000 showed up.

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:33 am

moll wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:44 pm
On another group they were talking about how monumental an event it was and how that generation "really got it." ...
What nonsense! I'm right at the start of that generation, and here's my view: They/we were a bunch of freaking losers, many of whom raised spoiled crappy kids, and many of whom are today's ultra-liberal democrats looking for handouts because they didn't save or plan.

"Got it" my a$$, Woodstockers were the start of many of today's problems...

as far as the music goes, though: they/we *did* have the very best!! :~)

moll

Post by moll » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:50 am

Bkeepr wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:33 am
moll wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:44 pm
On another group they were talking about how monumental an event it was and how that generation "really got it." ...
What nonsense! I'm right at the start of that generation, and here's my view: They/we were a bunch of freaking losers, many of whom raised spoiled crappy kids, and many of whom are today's ultra-liberal democrats looking for handouts because they didn't save or plan.

"Got it" my a$$, Woodstockers were the start of many of today's problems...

as far as the music goes, though: they/we *did* have the very best!! :~)
Followed by my generation who didn't seem like they cared about anybody but themselves for the most part,
which was worse. I have a lot of good memories of high school, but there were sure a lot of exit holes in the
group.

moll

Post by moll » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Comment back from a famous feller. ;)

Exactly wrong. That generation showed only curiousity and embraced a Zen innocence> What a strange world you live in! Oppositesania?

GeneMO

Post by GeneMO » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:34 pm

A year or two later, they had this big whoraah in Sedalia Mo. At the fairgrounds. Huge crowd, almost got outa hand. I had no real way to get there, even though I was only a half hour away. It was the Ozark Music festival I think. Had some really good groups there.

Gene

Stony Jim

Post by Stony Jim » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:22 pm

I've heard that if you remember Woodstock, you weren't there. High and/or drunk/or both. Me, I was in the army. Nope, can't go. Wouldn't have anyhow.

moll

Post by moll » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm

moll wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:41 pm
Comment back from a famous feller. ;)

Exactly wrong. That generation showed only curiousity and embraced a Zen innocence> What a strange world you live in! Oppositesania?
I responded back with; Zen innocence, is that how all those folks needed medical care
from staring at the sun? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, its all the same no matter what generation, i thought i knew everything then
and found out later i was wrong.