The Bamboo Bogeyman

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim_in_RP

The Bamboo Bogeyman

Post by Jim_in_RP »

The Bamboo Bogeyman is now 17 chapters 120 stories, 325 pages and about 63,000 words. Plus 29 pages of photos and the front and back cover.
I'm sitting here in front of the computer, playing solitaire listen to Led Zeppelin.
Thought I'd drop a line and see if I could get you guys to post something before I go to bed it's 1130 Sunday night here and time for me to take a nap.

;)
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: The Bamboo Bogeyman

Post by PHPaul »

Fun couple of days here.

Friday I stumbled going down the outside stairs, dropped my phone and stepped on it while getting my feet back under me. Totaled.

Spent most of the rest of the day getting it replaced. Guy at the phone store said if I put the plan in my name (I had my phone on my daughter's plan) I qualified for a 25% military discount.

I bit. Of course we had to upgrade the plan (daughter's was from 1996) but it did come in cheaper. Except...

She has two "hot spots" for internet connectivity. Under the old plan they had unlimited data. He "forgot" to add that to the new plan and she almost immediately got hit with a data overrun charge.

Unfortunately for them, she inherited my stubbornness (and fortunately for them, not my short fuse) and she grabbed them by the short and curlies and twisted until they fixed it. Even knocked an additional $20 a month off the price. If I'd have gone back to the store, I'd likely have been arrested before it was all over.

Today, I took Mrs. PHPaul shopping. We shop once a month, hit ChinaMart and the grocery store. That's always fun. Not. I can go to town, get everything on the list and be home in 3 hours. When she goes, it's an all-day process and we still come home missing at least a couple of items...
Sid

Post by Sid »

Jim in RP wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:34 am The Bamboo Bogeyman is now 17 chapters 120 stories, 325 pages and about 63,000 words. Plus 29 pages of photos and the front and back cover.
I'm sitting here in front of the computer, playing solitaire listen to Led Zeppelin.
Thought I'd drop a line and see if I could get you guys to post something before I go to bed it's 1130 Sunday night here and time for me to take a nap.

;)
It is about 8:30 Saturday night here in SW MO and I just woke up from a nap. But I did post something.
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

Jim in RP wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:34 amThought I'd drop a line and see if I could get you guys to post something before I go to bed it's 1130 Sunday night here and time for me to take a nap.
I don't know if it's the corroded old wires between my brain and the rest of my body or the dictation program I use. Anyway, I should've posted Saturday night not Sunday night. It is now 12:40 PM on Sunday afternoon. I have to watch what the dictation program is writing, very closely. A lot of times it will post a word that my foggy eyes and rusty brain does not pick up on.
It usually is words that rhyme like high and buy, hit and shit, shit and bit, chuck and... Well, you get the idea.
I am very grateful to Paul and his clear eyes and sharp mine for his proof reading of the bogeyman. He has been instrumental in helping me get THE BAMBOO BOGEYMAN to where it is today. He has my teary-eyed thanks for his devoted help for doing that.
:) ;) :P
Anyone on here interested in hearing any more of the bogeyman?
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

It turned off real cold here, 18 and had some ice overnight. I was supposed to go climb 3 grain bins this morning, so we put it off till right after lunch. Maybe it will warm up a tad. I am not setting foot on a bin ladder with ice on it. Safety harness or not.

Gene
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

Sid wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:33 pm
Jim in RP wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:34 am The Bamboo Bogeyman is now 17 chapters 120 stories, 325 pages and about 63,000 words. Plus 29 pages of photos and the front and back cover.

;)
It is about 8:30 Saturday night here in SW MO and I just woke up from a nap. But I did post something.

Where are you located in SW MO? I am 8 miles south of Boonville.

Gene
Sid

Post by Sid »

Miller bout 30 miles west of Springfield. North of MtVernon
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

And I am, 12 miles up the side of the volcano. West of Dumaguete city on the island of Negros in the Philippines? 8-) 8-) ;) :D
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

Sid wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:36 pm Miller bout 30 miles west of Springfield. North of MtVernon
Gotcha, dont know many people down there. Dave Middleton I think lived there. Fraternity brother from college. I did little crop insurance adjusting down there. Mostly around Nevada and up toward lamar and Buffalo.

Gene
Sid

Post by Sid »

I do not know him but there is a Dave Middleton farm in the Mt Vernon erea. Are you familiar with the name Langston?