New US Bases in Phillipines

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

New US Bases in Phillipines

Post by Bkeepr »

Jim RP, I see that we’ve just announced an agreement that will open 3 new US bases there to counter China. Might (might!) be a help to your health care issues??

Aside from that, it’s also an interesting geopolitical occurrence…

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20230202_29/
Jim_in_RP

Re: New US Bases in Phillipines

Post by Jim_in_RP »

I doubt it seriously because my beef is with the VA not the military.
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

But with a new base, they would most likely have a hospital. Would veterans be able to use it?

Gene
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

But with a new base, they would most likely have a hospital. Would veterans be able to use it?

Gene
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

Possible but I doubt it. I've had better luck with the VA doctors, then with the army doctors or the Air Force doctors.
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Most military clinics will see vets on a space available basis. Now fact is that most are also understaffed and overworked, but not all.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Bkeepr wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:23 am Jim RP, I see that we’ve just announced an agreement that will open 3 new US bases there to counter China. Might (might!) be a help to your health care issues??

Aside from that, it’s also an interesting geopolitical occurrence…

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20230202_29/
As I understand ir these are not new bases but an agreement to allow US access to more existing Phillipine bases.
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

You're right Sid. They are not new basis. There's a total of nine of them now and they are just old Filipino basis and you can bet most of them are in really poor condition. ;) :roll:
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

Jim, is there any activity at the old Clark Field? I know when Mt. Pinatubo had it's little fit it pretty much got wiped out.
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

PHPaul wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:14 am Jim, is there any activity at the old Clark Field? I know when Mt. Pinatubo had it's little fit it pretty much got wiped out.
Subic Bay and Clark are both civilian facilities owned by the government. Clark is now an international airport and Subic bay is now an international seaport. They both became financially, profitable within two or three years after Pinatubo. :o :roll: