What a pain in the tax...

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

What a pain in the tax...

Post by PHPaul »

This month, I paid the second half of proppity taxes ($1100) registered both bikes ($550) and just noticed that the truck and 2 out of my 3 trailers are due (~$250)

I realize my property tax is a drop in the bucket compared to some of you guys, but there's also the fact that I don't get shit for my money outside of about $100 worth of the town's road salt in my lawn...
Bkeepr

Re: What a pain in the tax...

Post by Bkeepr »

I hear ya! I don't complain about property taxes (and they are quite a bit higher than yours), because things can always get worse. And like you, I don't get anything for mine, not even the salt! On the other hand, they did try to give me a bunch of trees-- the State has started planting trees on the 150' "right of way" on some state highways to "save the Chesapeake Bay." That would have cut right into one of my best hay fields, and they also require property owners to mow around the trees after the first year. Fortunately, I was able to talk them out of it last year...I don't want anything that's "free" from the government!
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

BTW, I nailed my guesstimate on truck and trailer registration: $250.86
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

I am down to 125 acres now that I sold my row crop farm a few years ago. My property tax on that 125 acres is less than $150 a year. Dont tell anybody. I think that is pretty reasonable. I think our automobiles are about $1,200 a year. That is for a 2012 Nissan Titan pickup, 4WD, and a 2022 Lincoln Nautilus. I have a few old trucks and such, but they are so old that I dropped them from the tax rolls. My home property tax is about $1,700.00 a year. I had no more than poured the concrete foundation for my new shop and the damned tax accessor drove in. I live so far back no one can see us. Not sure how he found out. I dont think that has hit our tax bill yet. I did manage to stress to him that it is a "farm shop" so I hope that helps some. He must have scoped me out with a drone or something.

Gene