The Front and back covers

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim_in_RP

The Front and back covers

Post by Jim_in_RP »

This is what I think the front cover and back cover should or might look like.
I just spent an hour writing you guys a very nice update on the autobiography. Don't know why but this electronic piece of shit decided to make it all disappear into cyber space. I damn near stuck my fist through this computer, but instead you guys get a much shorter post.
It is 69,410 words on 353 pages with 30 color photos.
Attachments
cover 2.png
cover 2.png (94.58 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: The Front and back covers

Post by PHPaul »

Looks good, Jim!

Any decisions made about publishing/printing?
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

PHPaul wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:51 pmAny decisions made about publishing/printing?
Nothing just yet Paul. I am encouraged by the people at Dorrance Publishing Co. At least this company is interested enough to return my email inquiries. Right now I'm having trouble figuring out how I'm gonna get the first rough draft sent to them electronically. They do not except compress files, and my ISP are here in the Philippines will not send a file that big without compressing it. I'm not gonna send it in a paper form, because my Epson printer would probably blow up printing that many pages. The people at Dorrance Publishing Co. Are interested and willing to work with me, but the next step in this process is sending that rough draft to them and I haven't been able to do that just yet.
I can't express how grateful I am to you for doing the vast majority of my proofreading, and that you stuck it out for more than three years.
So I'm sending you a teary eyed electronic hug. ;)
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

Careful, I don't want you to shrink my tee shirt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would they allow you to send it in sections?
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

PHPaul wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:23 amWould they allow you to send it in sections?
Tomorrow morning I'm going to copy it over to a flash drive stick it in a bubble wrap envelope and ship it D.H.L.
I'll be shipping it in two copies. One in Microsoft Word and the other in Apple pages. Along with this cover suggestion and the 30 page photo section.
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

I have heard several people have made some good cash writing "free" books to be published on Kindle unlimited. I pay Amazon for their unlimited service, we get movies, free shipping for Amazon purchases and I read a lot of books for free. One yahoo up in British Columbia wrote about his time doing the Ice Road Truckers show, wrote about 6-8 short books about his trials and tribulations running a trucking and truck repair service up there. Kinda entertaining, and he claims he made enough to quit working. Who knows for sure.

Good luck, Gene