Maybe better day today

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bernie/MA

Maybe better day today

Post by Bernie/MA » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:20 am

Finally got the Hesston SP mower tractor started. Points again. Mowed about half hour and the reel started slipping in the heavy grass. Got that belt tightened. Never had to adjust it before. Then main drive belt was slipping. With all the stopping and starting the jumpstart went too dead to start it. Built in generator quit years ago. Started it off the truck until I gave up about 4:30. The V4 hasn't been running too good anyway so bought a set of new plug wires, old ones pretty cracked. I got enough mowed for the guy that wants 50 bales Sunday. Hope to put down another 150 today. Not supposed to rain til Wednesday.

porkbelly

Re: Maybe better day today

Post by porkbelly » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:16 pm

All that work you do makes me tired. Keep up the good work.

Bernie/MA

Re: Maybe better day today

Post by Bernie/MA » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:24 pm

That V4 runs a lot better with new wires. Mowed for almost 2 hours, prolly 150 bales. About working hard, I don't get started much before 10. Quit at 4 today but worked on my creeper project for a while. I got a bunch of paint stirrer sticks to screw together to figure linkage required using self-tapping screws. I drilled a hole in the side of a 3/8 nut and pressed in the bit of a screw so I can use a threaded rod to check pivot action.