Scary story in the news

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

Scary story in the news

Post by Bkeepr » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 am

I'm reminded of stories that my mother told about growing up when the Nazis were taking over Germany before the war.

This story should be scary, no matter whether you're on the right or the left of the political spectrum. Gun owners are being turned today's "enemy of the State," but who will it be tomorrow?

My mother always told me to "keep my mouth shut about owning guns." I took her seriously for awhile, and then I didn't. Now I'm not so sure she wasn't right. Half of me thinks we need to present ourselves as normal Americans to non-gun owners, and half of my thinks I should just shut up and hope "they" forget me...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrew ... e790d24238

PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Scary story in the news

Post by PHPaul » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am

While this particular item isn't (IMHO) a big deal, the precedent it sets and the trend in general IS getting scary.

Unfortunately, I lost all my firearms in a horrific gardening accident and subsequently gave away all my ammo and reloading supplies so they don't need to bother with visiting my house...

Jim in RP

Re: Scary story in the news?

Post by Jim in RP » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:18 am

Scary story in the news? This should be "the writing is on the walls". There were a lot of smart Germans that fled Germany before and during the war. I have been reading the writings on the wall for a very long time. When people here ask where I'm from now I tell them "I'm from my Mother". :roll:
Combat Infantry, the ultimate hunt, where the hunter becomes the hunted and the prey shoot back.

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:23 am

PHPaul wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am
While this particular item isn't (IMHO) a big deal, the precedent it sets and the trend in general IS getting scary.

Unfortunately, I lost all my firearms in a horrific gardening accident and subsequently gave away all my ammo and reloading supplies so they don't need to bother with visiting my house...
And that is why the Russians dump used engine oil on their gardens, to keep the rust down. :shock:
Combat Infantry, the ultimate hunt, where the hunter becomes the hunted and the prey shoot back.

GeneMO

Post by GeneMO » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:47 am

Tom? Remember over on KL and for how long I have told about that band of traveling gypsies stealing all my guns?

Gene

GeneMO

Post by GeneMO » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:48 am

Problem with fleeing is, there is nowhere any better to go.

We were it.

Gene

GeneMO

Post by GeneMO » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:27 pm

Who was the communist leader that made a speech predicting that they would eventually take over the US without firing a shot? Was that Stalin or Kruchev (sp)

Red Dave

Post by Red Dave » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:29 pm

GeneMO wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:27 pm
Who was the communist leader that made a speech predicting that they would eventually take over the US without firing a shot? Was that Stalin or Kruchev (sp)
Khrushchev, and it is happening right now before our eyes.

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:04 am

GeneMO wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:47 am
Tom? Remember over on KL and for how long I have told about that band of traveling gypsies stealing all my guns?

Gene
Gene, I remember and used to use a similar joke myself. But the fact is, when the government decides citizens cannot own guns, all of our joking goes out the window--they will ultimately come for them. And they'll come in force between 3 and 4 a.m., battering down doors. One of my mom's memories of the Nazi era is going secretly to a bridge over a river and throwing the family firearm in before they were caught with it. Family, friends and neighbors spied on family, friends and neighbors...just a terrible time.

So no amount of joking about it will protect us. There are purchase records available for decades back, and there are family, friends and neighbors who know and some of them, or many, will not risk themselves protect you. (Me, I'm protected because I have no guns!! :lol: )

Dieselrider

Post by Dieselrider » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:48 am

I can only hope to be awake and ready to die defending them. I'd rather that than live as a subject to the authorities. The real reason for the second amendment was to allow the citizens the last line of defense against tyranny. If we do not take up arms against it it will take up arms against us.