Just

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim_in_RP

Just

Post by Jim_in_RP »

We are just hours away from the start of the two day trip across the big pond.
Nonstop flight from Manila to San Francisco 13 hours. We will get to San Francisco three or four hours before we leave Manila. :o 18 hour layover in Manila with two appointments with the Manila OPC. Eight hours after the last appointment in Manila, we are on a long haul flight to San Francisco. A planned overnight in San Francisco with an 8 AM flight to Seattle on the morning of the 11th. I am always amazed at this huge aluminum bird that can fly that far, for that long, nonstop.
I'll try to keep you informed as our travel develops. On the way back between San Francisco and Manila we leave on the 28th and arrive on the 30th 14 hrs. later. :o
Jim @ Jawa

Re: Long time

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Long time no hear from anybody. I hope someone out their is still breathing.
I got stabbed once in the Manila's OPC on the 10th. Got stabbed again here in Seattle on the 13th., 15th., 19. I had so much blood sucked out me my 14 year old sun tan disappeared. :oops:
This morning the 20th. I'm scheduled for a covid test and, (you guessed it), another blood draw. The 21ed. I will be back in the cath. lab. for the big BLOOD draw.
But I'm not worried. Maria has a durable power of attorney and my blessing to pull the plug if necessary. ;) My cremation is paid for.
I have been dodging the Grim Reaper my hole life. Even with my old age and poor health I know I can out run him because he is running with that big, heavy ass, sickle. ;) 8-)
No needs for prayers, unless it makes you feel good.
I have been through that valley many times in my 76.5 years and came out bloody and unbowed. Wish me luck, because luck is all that life has for any of us.
Every one of us can only out run the Grim Reaper so many times before he wraps his black robe around us.
:roll:
GeneMO

Re: Just

Post by GeneMO »

I should have died in 1982, of kidney failure. But I beat that. When I was about 13, I was helping them start a big ole flywheel engine at the Steam engine show. It fired all of the sudden, and I didn't let go. It launched me up in the air, and next thing I know I was looking down at the open crankshaft of that huge single cylinder engine. John Grahm reached up and grabbed me by the pants and pulled me to safety. That evening when I undressed, I notice that I had green paint on my belt buckle. The engine was painted green. My buckle had rubbed on the rim of that flywheel.
That was about 1970 or so.

So I have cheated death a few time.

Gene