Is it just me, or...

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Is it just me, or...

Post by PHPaul »

I cruise Craigslist every morning while digesting breakfast and slurping coffee. Primarily the Tools and Farm and Garden sections.

Not looking for anything in particular, just looking to see what's out there and coming across the occasional deal.

I see some of the most ridiculous prices! Some piece of junk for which I might pay scrap prices if I could be bothered to go get it, and they want hundreds or even thousands of dollars for it. Some of it has been on the list for months.

For instance, a IH Cub (which may be the most useless tractor on the planet with the possible exception of the Ford N series) listed for $5000.

I wonder if anybody is actually willing to pay prices like that?
GeneMO

Re: Is it just me, or...

Post by GeneMO »

What I notice in adds on our local Facebook want adds/ Classified adds, are people who list and bunch of junk as "scrap aluminum" " must pick up" < Wanting someone to come in and clean up a junk pile, or take down a broken down swing set or some other junk. They just want it cleaned up for free. or better yet, when someone has a tree fall down in their yard, or blow over, it is advertised as "free firewood" Someone did that last week, the Free Firewood thing. I wrote that for $600 I would remove their "free firewood"
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Is it just me, or...

Post by PHPaul »

Yeah, I see that crap here.

Guess what, Scooter: Old pine/spruce/fir with a rotten center ain't firewood, it's trash.

And if they DO happen to have some usable hardwood, they want you to remove the stumps and landscape the area when you're done.

Similar scam is "Remove the building and you can have the lumber."

As it turns out I WAS born at night, but it wasn't LAST night...