Drought in Speed Mo. is broken!!

Stories, News and General Yakking
GeneMO

Drought in Speed Mo. is broken!!

Post by GeneMO »

Finally had several days of good rain. Had 1.4", then .3", then another .3" over about a 4 day period. Other parts of the county got 4" to 2" to 6" down around Fortuna. The corn is "saved" in areas of good soil that had a good stand and where it was planted Later. Other areas where the soil is rocky, sandy and poor, the corn is pretty much ruined. The Soybeans really benefited. The hay situation is dire, some have already liquidated or severly reduced their cattle heard. Others have bought or scrounged hay. I do not personally know anyone that have cut soybeans for hay, but do know some that seeded Sudan grass into poor soybean or corn stands, to be used for hay or silage.

Been a trying year.

I been busier than a one legged man at a butt kickin'. I took on the USDA Census job and didn't realize there was so much work. Damned near full tim if I wanted it, which I dont. So I may have to let it go. Doing crop ins. work pays close to $300 a day, plus mileage. And the Census work is not even half that.

Thanks Joe Biden! I thought I had retired, but our weekly Walmart bill has about doubled, and gas is going crazy again. Jeeze!!

Anybody have any good news?

Gene
Patria

Re: Drought in Speed Mo. is broken!!

Post by Patria »

GeneMO wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:43 pm
Anybody have any good news?

Gene
Hello Gene, seems we are spared the storms coming our way at least for the next three weeks so I still have time to finish a couple of projects in the open basement and the bedrooms in the back of the house that face the southeast.

I tell ya, next year I'm gonna board up the house in June and go camp out either in the states or in Holland and will come back on Halloween. I'm not kidding 8-)