Hear we go again

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim @ Jawa

Hear we go again

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

;) About 18 hours and we start the trip home. :) We will be crossing 17 time zones in one of PAL's time machines. :lol:
Not as scary as the VA's cardiac cath lab. :?
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Hear we go again

Post by PHPaul »

So, how'd all your checkups go?
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

For the most part they went well. For the eye surgery I would need to return here in November. Never going to happen. The dental, just didn't happen. Nothing dealt with about the loss of balance, weak legs and not being able to walk more than 200 feet. They did give me a four wheel walker.
The cardiologist said there will be no more stents. He said that this last one, the 18th, was the last one because there was no more room for any more. Said that there were so many stents now that they were causing restrictions. Bypass surgery would be very dangerous because of me current poor health.
I am thinking walker now a wheelchair later and a blast furnace at the end. To hell with it none of us really have any say as to when we will kick the bucket.
Two of the Doctors here did say that they were going to start talking with the Doctors in Manila in an temp to resolve the rest. :? :o :roll:
Jim @ Jawa

Re: the trip

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Alaska Air was on time for the flight. The approach into San Francisco had a wonderful view of the Golden Gate.
Philippine Air was 2.5 hours late getting out of SFO, for the 14 hour flight to Manila. We were able to book our bags through to Dumaguete. I was fearful of our bags not making the connections to Dumaguete at the Manila air port. The flight to Dumaguete was delayed for 2 hours do to a flat tire. The bags made it to DGT. We were so glad, that this marathon trip home, was over that we almost left our cary-on bag at the DGT air port. We both passed out about noon.
This trip started at 04:00 on Monday morning Seattle time and ended at noon Wednesday Philippine time and Tuesday Never happened. You can't tell me that those big-O Jets are not, time machines. We now have to adjust to the Philippine time zone.

:D
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

I've made those flights. Travis AFB California to Clark AB and 3 from Travis to Yokota, Japan. I just go into Zombie mode and wait for it to be over.

Only time it wasn't a complete ordeal is when I couldn't find a Space A seat to Japan (after swapping back and forth between Travis and SeaTac twice!) and ponied up for a JAL flight. 747, damned near empty, stews put us all up in 1st Class so they didn't have to walk all the way to the back of the plane. Flop that big ol' seat back and go to sleep!