ReStore is cool place

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

ReStore is cool place

Post by Bkeepr »

Getting rid of my Mom's estate is quite a learning experience. She had some beautiful furniture, china, and stuff, meticulously cared for and in wonderful shape. Nobody wants it-- difference in generations and style, I guess. With a lot of time and effort, I could sell it to various local antique stores, as they're selling similar stuff but only a few pieces at any one shop...but I don't have the time. So we've been donating it all, spread around to several charities that Mom and the family have liked.

Today we went to the Habitat for Humanity's "ReStore" here in Fredneck, and walked around. What a freaking beautiful store, with a lot of great stuff in excellent condition at very reasonable prices. If I were 40 or 50 years younger, I'd be buying my own furniture and dishes and tools and stuff there. I suspect some of the antique dealers I mentioned buy from there for a song, and re-sell it in their shops for 3 times the price.

Anyway, thought I'd share this in case anybody has either stuff to donate, or else youngsters needing furniture and house wares.

cheers,
Tom