Dangit!

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Dangit!

Post by PHPaul »

Ordered a mower part for a customer.

FEDEX says "delivered" and shows a photo that is CLEARLY the house across the street from me.

Big ol' rental place, at least two separate families living there. Casual observation over a period of months tends to indicate that these are not model citizens. Arguments in the yard. Yelling, hell-raising and late night visits from the po-po. Private Property/No Trespassing signs in nearly every window. Floodlights bright enough to be an aviation hazard and surveillance cameras all around the house.

So with some trepidation, I knock on their door to ask about the package. A youngish female answers the door and my first thought is "Meth-head!" Bad complexion. Bad teeth. Anorexically skinny. "Nope haven't seen any packages"

Checked with the upstairs tenant, somewhat more presentable, and "Nope, but let me check the porch." Screened in porch sporting at least three of the above-mentioned signs. Not there. Did say if it shows up he'll run it over to me.

I could call FedEx and bitch but they'll just say "Not our problem, you know where it went." Obviously, the seller isn't responsible. Calling the cops is pointless, they're not going to put any effort into finding a $25 package and I have no proof anyway.

I'm about 90% sure Miss Meth is lying to me and I fully expect I'm out the $25, dammit.

So the next question is do I re-order?
Bkeepr

Re: Dangit!

Post by Bkeepr »

Call Fedex. They delivered to the wrong house, there’s proof, it is their problem to resolve.
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Dangit!

Post by PHPaul »

I started a claim. We shall see.