The movie, Grand Canyon

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim @ Jawa

The movie, Grand Canyon

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

What retirement did for me.
Sarah Palin forced me into early retirement at the age of 50.
After almost 27 years of retirement, when I look in the mirror, I see a carbon copy of my father's face just before he died.

The movie, Grand Canyon;
Danny Glover (Simon) said;
“My father died last year - 81 years old. It's a long time for a black man to live in this town. He outlived everyone he ever knew. He saw two wives die and three of his children. He had a great ugly old face that looked like a suitcase gone a million miles - all beat up and dented and scuffed and stained. Man, he looked like he walked 80 years on that face. When I used to look at that face and see all - the pain there, all the things he'd lost, all the hurt he had, I wondered why he wanted to go on, why he just didn't lay down and give it up.
Mack : Did you figure it out?
Simon : No. Never figured out much about that guy. I asked him, though.
Mack : What'd he say?
Simon : Habit.

I feel the same way some days, that my life has turned into nothing more then a bad habit call breathing.
No matter how big the shit typhoon gets if I just keep breathing, I’ll get over it. I will get through it one way or the other.

Sometimes the way out is more painful than the shit typhoon itself. After I got through some of these shit storms. I didn’t always come out smelling like a rose.

I can't know where I'm going unless, I know where I have been.
Hell must be weighing for me, to kick the bucket. ;) :cry: :|
Patbridges81

Re: The movie, Grand Canyon

Post by Patbridges81 »

The thing is, your life hasn't turned into a bad habit called breathing. Your influence on my life helped mold me into the man I am today. I don't think I need to point out to you the likelyhood of my life being cut short by my own poor decisions after dad died had it not been for you stepping in and stepping up when you did. The lessons you taught me, im already begining to teach my son, your great-grandson. And you can bet your ass that long after you kick that stupid fucking bucket, Miles Bridges will be hearing lots of stories about you and my time as a kid at mile marker 81. I love you Gpa.
Patrick In MI
Jim @ Jawa

Re: The movie, Grand Canyon

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Watch your email fore the next three or four days, because it's gonna take me that long to wright a reply because my eyes have a lot of trouble seeing through tears. :| :cry: