I am so offended !!

Stories, News and General Yakking
GeneMO

I am so offended !!

Post by GeneMO »

So I hunted the last few hours of our late doe deer season this past Sunday afternoon. Just caught a glimpse of one. So, season over.

Next morning, early. Tammy yells at me from the living room window, which overlooks a little branch and path at the bottom of the hill about 80 yards away. She starts counting. I get over there, and there are doe lined up, single file. She thinks she missed one or two, but ended up at 13. I am pretty sure that they had their tongues sticking out at me as they looked up at the house. And this spot is only about another 100 yards to my deer stand where I was Sunday.

I am plumb humiliated !! They have made fun of my hunting prowess. I am not sure I can get over this. I may need counseling. Maybe some government grant money will be available to "cure me". ( Naw, I am just an ole wore out white guy, no money for me) :? :cry: Somehow, those doe knew that the season was over. Now how the Hell did that happen??? I think I have an informant in the area. Hope my old beagle dog Ebo isn't ratting on me. I'll shut off his doggie treats ! Maybe they have my house under observation and watch to see when I leave with a gun? Beats me.

Gene
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: I am so offended !!

Post by PHPaul »

I'm convinced the sonsabitches can read a calendar.
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Some instructions from this great white hunter.
I have only bagged two deer in my whole life. The first one was in Mi. as a teenager using my brother’s deer tag.
The second one was in Calif. hunting with out any license and with a borrowed gun that I had never fired before.
35 years in Alaska I cannot tell you how much money I spent legally chasing Moose. I never even saw a moose during moose season. I did, however bag four moose in that 35 years. None of which was during moose season. All four were cows like that mades a difference. Three with my Winchester 300 magnum and one with my Ruger, Blackhawk, 357 magnum.
The first one in Mi. was a male all the rest were females. I guarantee you that I could NOT test the difference. A yearling cow moose is absolutely delicious and as tender as they come. :P
That reminds me have you seen the movie; THE DEER HUNTER? ;)
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

A number of years ago, I had a fox that kept getting our free range chickens anytime we'd leave to go somewhere. 6 or 7 times out of 10, if either both vehicles were gone, or the two of us would leave at the same time in one vehicle, we'd lose a chicken...even if we were only gone a little while...once we went to the post office and got back after about 10 minutes and saw the dang fox running away with one of our hens.

A little later, I discovered later a bunch of fox scat near a bald spot uphill from the farmstead with a perfect view of where we park our car and truck...I figured he must sit up there and watch til we'd leave, knowing it was safe to come down if nobody was home.

So one day after that, I put my rifle inside the car early. Then the wife and I got in and she drove us out the driveway, but as soon as we were out of sight I got out of the car with my rifle and hoofed it back to our place through the brush. Caught that SOB just as he was closing on a little group of hens foraging and not paying attention. I felt silly doing that, figured I was being stupid, but sure enough the little trick worked.

So now I never underestimate wild critters!
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

Tom, that is a heck of a good fox hunting story. And, yes, they are damned smart. My dogs are smart, when they want to be. Jim, I would like to try Moose. And you getting a few out of season didn't hurt a damned thing !!

Gene