NAVY Federal Credit Union

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim @ Jawa

NAVY Federal Credit Union

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Any one belong to NAVY Federal Credit Union? If so would you mind sharing your experience? I am thinking of joining. ;)
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: NAVY Federal Credit Union

Post by PHPaul »

I have since the 80's.

Only bitch I've ever had is the last time I applied for a Home Equity loan and that wasn't really their fault - the rules changed.

The NFCU VISA is a good card with cash back and I've made and paid off 3 or 4 signature loans at decent rates.
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Thanks Paul.
Anyone else out there that care to comment?
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Funny coincidence, we were just talking yesterday about maybe moving our account from Pentagon Federal to Navy Federal.

So while we don’t have any personal experience yet with Navy, it has a good reputation here, and (for us) the advantage of a nearby office. We have been very happy with Pentagon Federal for years, but they closed our nearest branch and now the nearest branch is an hour away and located in a shady neighborhood that passed a law against legal/licensed concealed carry holders. So while I can recommend PENFED in general, we’re considering moving away and going to Navy Federal. Paul’s experience is another good data point for me to consider.
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Just found this 5 year old thread that seems to say PENFED and Navy Fed are about equally good, depends on which one you started with first as to which you like a little better…nobody dislikes either one.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253592
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

My son used it for a long time, maybe still does. My ex wife was able to use it, though my son, I guess I could as well. Everyone seemed to get along OK with it.

Gene
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

My son used it for a long time, maybe still does. My ex wife was able to use it, though my son, I guess I could as well. Everyone seemed to get along OK with it.

Gene