My first bird dog's first hunt test...2008

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

My first bird dog's first hunt test...2008

Post by Bkeepr »

Ran across these pictures by accident, I'm surprised they're still up on the web. Molly, who was a few months old in these pictures, was just learning her craft when I enrolled her in this NAVHDA natural abilities test in April of 2008. There was a professional photographer there who took these pictures during the test...Molly is in the first dozen pictures or so. She blew the socks off of the judges and the 5 dogs who'd run the course before her by finding not just her birds, but all of the birds that the previous dogs had not. The picture of me hugging her was after the judges told me to stop her from hunting any more, she'd passed very quickly and they didn't need to see any more.

I had never hunted before Molly, and I've never stopped loving it since.

http://www.uplandlife.com/eventphotos/p ... sp?evid=21
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: My first bird dog's first hunt test...2008

Post by PHPaul »

Nice! I've never hunted over a dog, I suspect it would be a lot of fun.
Bkeepr

Re: My first bird dog's first hunt test...2008

Post by Bkeepr »

PHPaul wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:32 pm Nice! I've never hunted over a dog, I suspect it would be a lot of fun.
If you ever get a chance to do it, give it a try. Watching somebody else's good dogs working is fun and awe-inspiring.

Hunting over your own dog is one of two different things: either the most fun you can have with your clothes on, or the most frustrating thing you can imagine with your clothes off. :lol: :lol: