Scary story in the news

Stories, News and General Yakking
Noah W

Re: Scary story in the news

Post by Noah W » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:12 am

Dieselrider wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:48 am
I can only hope to be awake and ready to die defending them. I'd rather that than live as a subject to the authorities. The real reason for the second amendment was to allow the citizens the last line of defense against tyranny. If we do not take up arms against it it will take up arms against us.
^^^^THIS^^^^

Noah W

Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:28 am

Dieselrider wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:48 am
I can only hope to be awake and ready to die defending them. I'd rather that than live as a subject to the authorities. The real reason for the second amendment was to allow the citizens the last line of defense against tyranny. If we do not take up arms against it it will take up arms against us.
I pray that no American ever has to choose to die as a result of our own government's actions. We've been through one Civil War, and God forbid there's ever another. Far better for "The People" to participate in the democratic process, always vote in every election, and talk things out rather than resort to armed conflict.

I am not confident that will happen, but I pray for peace daily.

Dieselrider

Post by Dieselrider » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Bkeepr wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:28 am

I pray that no American ever has to choose to die as a result of our own government's actions. We've been through one Civil War, and God forbid there's ever another. Far better for "The People" to participate in the democratic process, always vote in every election, and talk things out rather than resort to armed conflict.

I am not confident that will happen, but I pray for peace daily.
I guess it comes down to what each individual is willing to sacrifice for "safety". I truly believe that there are some things that are far more sacred than life in this world and liberty is one of them. The only reason we have the freedoms that we do to date is that the one freedom to keep them all is the second amendment. If that is lost, all other freedoms will vanish over time. I am not willing to see that happen. No matter the cost.

Red Dave

Post by Red Dave » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Ironically, the protestors in Hong Kong may have a much better understanding of what is at stake than our own citizens seem to anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 6qnK4fGMTg

They struggle with pronunciation of the words to "The Star Spangled Banner", but they do seem to have a good understanding of the important concepts.

Isn't it nice to see a group carrying the flag and there are no protestors in sight trying to tear it down or burn it?