What is it?

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim in RP

What is it?

Post by Jim in RP » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:33 pm

If you put sugar on it, it is fruit.
If you put salt on it, it is vegetable.
So, what is it?

Sorry! It has been so slow on here I had to post something and this is all I could think of.
Did I mention, that PLDT my ISP service provider instal people decided that I no longer needed my GoPro and took it with them. I really liked the camera but I do not thing I can really afford to buy another one. I feel it is to bad that PLDT payed there employees so little that they need to steal from their Customers.
Screw it, I goin to get on the 250 and burn some gas. :?
Only The Dead Have Seen The end of WAR. "Plato"

Sid

Re: What is it?

Post by Sid » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Jim in RP wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:33 pm
So, what is it?

Sorry! It has been so slow on here I had to post something and this is all I could think of.
Did I mention, that PLDT my ISP service provider instal people decided that I no longer needed my GoPro and took it with them. I really liked the camera but I do not thing I can really afford to buy another one. I feel it is to bad that PLDT payed there employees so little that they need to steal from their Customers.
Tomato ?

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:20 pm

U got it Sid, U live or raised in the midwest. I learned that as a child in MI. :)

Sid

Post by Sid » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Jim in RP wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:20 pm
U got it Sid, U live or raised in the midwest. I learned that as a child in MI. :)

GeneSC

Post by GeneSC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Jim in RP wrote:
So, what is it?

If you bought the camera they had NO right taking it? I would check with someone (law enforcement, or an attorney!)
It's not legal (at least in the US) to take something that doesn't belong to you??? Check it out!!!

Sid

Post by Sid » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Sid wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:03 pm
Jim in RP wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:20 pm
Southwest MO

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Jim in RP wrote:
GeneSC,
\
GeneSC wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm
If you bought the camera they had NO right taking it? I would check with someone (law enforcement, or an attorney!)
It's not legal (at least in the US) to take something that doesn't belong to you??? Check it out!!!
Come on Gene an attorney would cost 3 or 4 time the cost of the camera even here in the PI. The police here can’t even solve the execution of an attorney at 11:00 am in his office on the second floor and NO ONE SAW A THING. You think they would wast their time on a camera?
NOW what is this? “If you bought the camera they had NO right taking it?” (If I bought it???)
If it was a gift or if I stole it, it is ok to steal it from me? (no honor among thiefs, right.), Are you implying that I’m a thief? I really hope not. I am not innocent of being a thief. Between at the ages of 8 to 10, I did some stealing. I did that because I was hungry. I was raised POOR and learned at a very young age how to get food, even if it wasn’t right. Stolen food taste just as good as store bought. By the age of 17, I had learned enough to feed myself, dropped out of school and left home for good. I guess in the tru sense of the word "I am a thief". I'm 73 now, not 10.

Krazngc

Post by Krazngc » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:27 pm

At least check with the ISP provider!

Tell them that they took it with them. You want it back!
Remind them you will involve the Police if they don't bring it back.

Doris
AKA
Krazngc

Jim in RP

Post by Jim in RP » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:55 am

At least check with the ISP provider! Tell them that they took it with them. You want it back!
Remind them you will involve the Police if they don't bring it back.
Doris,
I did just that and the person behind the desk just smiled at me and reminded me that I was living in the Philippines. :|

tacon1

Post by tacon1 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Okay, I'll ask. Why would your ISP give you a GoPro in the first place?