Another publisher

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim_in_RP

Another publisher

Post by Jim_in_RP »

the email I got that prompted this they suggested that I use my refund check to pay them. I'm just glad they didn't reply to this last email because I was getting ready to slam them with the most foul writhing they ever read.

Dear XXX,
It has become apparent to me that you're an organization just like the people at Reedsy.
I sent you a complete copy of my rough draft with a promise that you were going to read it and send me an evaluation of what you thought of it.
It doesn't sound to me like anybody in your organization even read my rough draft. I still haven't received the evaluation of it.
Now, you're asking for payment and a signed contract. When I haven't even seen a contract or the promise evaluation of my manuscript.
It has also become a parent that at DORRANCE you folks don't know in your organization what your right hand is doing or what your left hand is doing. Both of them are reaching out for my wallet. With regards to what I've sent you in the past. Several times in the past in our email communications I have informed you of my hearing loss. Asking me to call you on the phone when I can't hear well enough to understand what you're saying only proves to me that you not only can't see well enough to read what I written in the past emails about my hearing loss.
Asking me to sign and unseen, contract and pay you money when you can't even fulfill your promise, of an evaluation of my manuscript.
You folks at DORRANCE must think I have more money than I've got brains. Just because I'm 76 years old doesn't mean I have lost my mind.
No need to apologize for your misunderstanding because it isn't your misunderstanding. It is my misunderstanding, thinking that you were an upright and upfront publishing organization.
There is no reason for you to reply to this message because I already have your number.
Just how the hell do you know I have a tax refund at the age of 76??????
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Another publisher

Post by PHPaul »

Wow. Not very subtle on their part. Never even thought about publishing scammers but it shouldn't surprise me.