This may be Good News, depending on yer point of view...

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

This may be Good News, depending on yer point of view...

Post by PHPaul »

I just bailed on my favorite website due to repeated disrespect by the tinpot dictator that runs it. It's a shame because there are a great bunch of people there and the depth and breadth of knowledge available is unbelievable, but enough is enough.

That means I'll be posting more drivel here.

Also, I have a photo drone coming from Amazon so I'll be taking a crapload of aerial shots of boring shit while I learn to use it.
Sid

Re: This may be Good News, depending on yer point of view...

Post by Sid »

We have small drone. Gets used mainly for finding new born calves or momma cows hiding out getting ready to calve
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Just curious: what is your “used to be” favorite site? I’m on a few narrow-themed forums (clock repair and welding), but I do miss the old general purpose country living forum. I “met” some great people there.
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

Bkeepr wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:18 pm Just curious: what is your “used to be” favorite site? I’m on a few narrow-themed forums (clock repair and welding), but I do miss the old general purpose country living forum. I “met” some great people there.
Gun forum called "Sigforum". Ostensibly about SIG firearms, but the "Lounge" section covers everything you can imagine from current events to motorcycles/cars/trucks to politics. 80,000+ members covering every profession you've ever heard of (and a few I hadn't...) and about every walk of life.

You can ask a question on literally ANY subject and sooner or later a pro or someone who's been there and done that will come along and answer it for you.

It's a real shame to lose that resource, but one does not!!! question or confront the owner/moderator no matter how much he's shown his ass and I just got tired of listening to his bullshit.
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

PHPaul wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:13 pm ...It's a real shame to lose that resource, but one does not!!! question or confront the owner/moderator no matter how much he's shown his ass and I just got tired of listening to his bullshit.
Yeah, I don't blame you. Best I don't even start on a place like that...and I even carry a SIG! :lol:
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

Well, you can come here, ask any question, and get a great half assed answer, that may be 100% inaccurate. Good luck !!

Gene