Greenhouse

Stories, News and General Yakking
Okierob

Greenhouse

Post by Okierob »

Screenshot and cropped. I sure won't be posting many pictures. Bout impossible to get small enough.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230424-225201~3.png
Screenshot_20230424-225201~3.png (206.92 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
Bkeepr

Re: Greenhouse

Post by Bkeepr »

But worth the effort— beautiful setup, and great photo!

Where in OK are you? I lived in Lawton/Ft Sill long ago. It was beautiful there, in a way that is very different from the beauty here in western Maryland.
Okierob

Post by Okierob »

In in se Oklahoma. Western Oklahoma is completely different.
Okierob

Post by Okierob »

I took the tall greenhouse completely apart last year. Originally it was 7.5' tall. I added side wall to make it 12' tall in the center. It is 16'x48'.
The short one is 8' tall. 16'x40'.
I'm kinda wishing both were 10' tall.

I heated the tall one all winter with a double barrel wood heater. Put out a lot of heat but burned a lot of wood. It was exhausting to keep it 50° at night.
I have pineapple, banana, citrus and avocado trees that needed to be kept warm .
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

Now THAT'S a Greenhouse !!

Gene
Okierob

Post by Okierob »

GeneMO wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:33 pm Now THAT'S a Greenhouse !!

Gene
My first gh was a hf 10x12 greenhouse. It was my introduction. The panels got brittle around the 5 yr mark.
I bought the hoops for my second gh from a neighbor that just used it for shade for ostrich.
It sat for years empty till I bought it and made a GH out of it. I just used it for seedlings for a few years.
When I started growing full size plants it was really hard to keep cool with a 7.5' ceiling height. Even with shade cloth and exhaust fan it was over 100° in the summer.
If power went off it was a solar oven as I just had a door on each end to try and cool it.
I put the third gh up and added roll up sides 2'up. It still gets hot with a 8' ceiling.
That is why I raised up the main one to 12' to give the heat more room to rise above the plants. Exhaust fan still runs non stop in the summer. Technically in the summer I'm in zone 8a for the heat and zone 7b for the cold in the winter.
Been playing with gh since about 2010.