Beta reader

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim_in_RP

Beta reader

Post by Jim_in_RP »

Any of you guys out there, interested in being a beta reader for me?
Don't know what a beta reader is?
A beta reader is one that reads the book before it's published. Let the author (me) know what they honestly think of the book.
It will be your chance to get a free copy of THE BAMBOO BOGEYMAN once it is published.
Sid

Re: Beta reader

Post by Sid »

Don't knpw if I would be qualified or not. If it is opinions you want here goes. I enjoyed your life related stories. Sandpig was interesting but then I am not into fiction. What I do know for sure is I admire your determination to follow through and work on your dream. Me I just say someday I might try. I have kinda thought I would like to write some little something or play a musical instrument but I just don't seem to have it in me to get serious enough to follow through thing is I have more days behind me than in front. Keep it up.
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

Sid,

You don't have to be qualified certified, or anything else to be a bata reader.
All you really need is the willingness to read, the entire manuscript. Even then you're not required to give anything back in the form of whether you liked it or not there's no requirement on you to say anything about the book if you don't want to. The purpose of a beta reader is to hopefully give the author some feedback, but that is not required. It is nothing more than a gentleman's agreement to read the book and hopefully give the author feedback on the manuscript.
Are you qualified to be a beta reader? Of course you are all you need is a desire to read my manuscript.
Bogeyman is an autobiography of my life that consist of a lot of traumatic events and some funny stories mixed in.
If you should decide to read my manuscript and give me some feedback on it. I would like very much for you to be honest in your feedback, good or bad. Believe me, you won't hurt my feelings. You would be helping me get this book published.
Sid

Post by Sid »

that does sound like something I
could do
Jim_in_RP

Post by Jim_in_RP »

Sid, check your private messages :)