Air quality...wildfires etc

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

Air quality...wildfires etc

Post by Bkeepr »

Been in the news a lot, but very noticeable here in western-central Maryland. Looks and smells a lot like sitting around yesterday's campfire during early morning fog. My 96 year old mom (with COPD, emphysema, and a-fib) is really feeling it, although we've got a HEPA filter in the room she spends most of her time in and that keeps it fairly decent. I bought a very good air quality detector some years ago and test the air here the last couple of days to compare my readings with what the Weather Channel says our AQI is...what I measure in my location is much worse than what they report. My head has been feeling like it is my very worst allergy season, although it isn't.

Is this stuff noticeable where you are? Anybody there feeling any ill effects from it? Just curious...
Red Dave

Re: Air quality...wildfires etc

Post by Red Dave »

We have had a haze in the sky the past couple days. There was a slight smoke odor this morning, but no more than if a neighbor is using a wood stove. Talked to a friend this morning that has COPD and he said it hasn't bothered him yet.

It's a mixed bag: it's hazy, but the haze is keeping the temps from getting too high. Only 70 here just after lunchtime.

Maybe a cure for "Global Warming"? ;)
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Air quality...wildfires etc

Post by PHPaul »

Haven't noticed anything yet.