How come

Stories, News and General Yakking
Jim_in_RP

How come

Post by Jim_in_RP »

How come bad shit comes in group packages?
Yesterday it was just nine days before the start of the trip to Seattle and I come down with a viral infection yesterday complements of the wife. Then 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon the large wooden power pole that runs the wires between the transformer out on the highway to the house rotted off at the base and fell over. Power lines laying on the ground. I sure as hell didn't need the expense, of building a steel poll that the termites can't eat. So I was downtown this morning and bought, one stick of 4" inch heavy gauge galvanized steel pipe almost 20 foot long $236.00 just one stick. For the last week, the VA has been screwing with me stonewalling me about getting appointments to see the doctors I need to see. Troubles with the VA medical insurance plan is it usual pain in the ass? Now I know why my old man when he got to this stage in his life said screw it, he was gonna continue drinking and smoking until I killed him. I truly believe these guys here that have a piece of paper that says they are a licensed electrical engineer actually bought the wall paper. Had one of those guys out here during the install of my solar they put a magnetic starter between the 600 V coming in from the panels to the inverter. First off the mag starter wasn't even required and second off he put the mag starter in backwards, load to line and line to load then when it didn't work, he took it back to the electrical supply guy told him it didn't work they checked it out and told him nothing wrong with it. Don't work when you stick them in ass back words. This latest electrical engineer put the wooden pole in and told me that it was treated lied to me and it lasted about nine years rotted off, and fell over and now I gotta fix it.
My grandfather told me once that if I needed a good hand to do a job, all I had to do was look down at the end of my arm.
I really hope I can get this back together before I have to get on that plane the afternoon of the ninth. Hope I don't have any more shit storm headed my way at least until I get to Seattle.
Patria

Re: How come

Post by Patria »

Jim_in_RP wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:00 am My grandfather told me once that if I needed a good hand to do a job, all I had to do was look down at the end of my arm.
A wise man your 'abuelo' was.