Found a bottle of champagne from our wedding

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

Found a bottle of champagne from our wedding

Post by Bkeepr »

Cleaning out Mom and Dad’s house, I have found a bottle of wine left from Mrs Bkeepr and my wedding…over 44 years ago, now. Guess we were supposed to drink it on some Anniversary, but moving around with the Army we never did and it just got forgotten.

Mrs thinks maybe we should save it and share it for our fiftieth. I guess that means she’s finally decided I’m a keeper! LOL
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Found a bottle of champagne from our wedding

Post by PHPaul »

Hmmmmmmm. I wonder how well champagne keeps... :D
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Dose it have an expiration date on it? ;)
Patria

Post by Patria »

Good point from both of you Paul, and Jim. I'd open it today to make sure it was a good choice.

Great 'find', bkeepr!
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Patria wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:59 am ...I'd open it today to make sure it was a good choice...
:lol: :lol: :lol: And that's why you're one of my heroes, Patria!!
Patria

Post by Patria »

Bkeepr wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:14 pm
Patria wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:59 am ...I'd open it today to make sure it was a good choice...
:lol: :lol: :lol: And that's why you're one of my heroes, Patria!!

Yeah yeah yeah but let us know when you opened it!

Actually open it YA! Today! Neither of you would like it if one day you are cleaning closets, find the bottle you did not opened, and the one is not around to celebrate such a treasure with the other...
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Patria wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:50 am…Actually open it YA! Today! Neither of you would like it if one day you are cleaning closets, find the bottle you did not opened, and the one is not around to celebrate such a treasure with the other...
Patria, your post is very sobering, and I thank you for that. I know you still grieve over your loss, and I can’t imagine how it must feel.

So yes, we won’t wait long to drink it. I’m sure the right moment will be right around the corner.

Thanks.
Tom
Patria

Post by Patria »

Bkeepr wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:02 am
Patria wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:50 am…Actually open it YA! Today! Neither of you would like it if one day you are cleaning closets, find the bottle you did not opened, and the one is not around to celebrate such a treasure with the other...
Patria, your post is very sobering, and I thank you for that. I know you still grieve over your loss, and I can’t imagine how it must feel.

So yes, we won’t wait long to drink it. I’m sure the right moment will be right around the corner.

Thanks.
Tom

There you go!

Good day, everyone!