New blood…?

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

New blood…?

Post by Bkeepr »

Paul, and anyone else reading this:

I’m in an email group that might fit here pretty well, so I am thinking of inviting them to look and join. Before I do, I want to describe them because they’re a diverse group of strong-willed, opinionated, free thinkers and I don’t want to open a Pandora’s box without letting you know.

The group is made up of about 50 former Army Medical Command members. Most are old and retired. A large number are retired Warrant Officers, but they range from former E-6 staff sergeants up to a couple of retired General Officers. Most are men, but there is at least one woman I know of. While they rarely “talk” politics, they do exchange a lot of jokes, some with political overtones. Many have seen combat, all are irreverent.

If that’s all ok, I will email the group with a link here and an invite. At the very least, they will liven things up. They may just stay long enough to read and comment on my description of them and leave. But I love’em all, they are solid Americans.
Jim @ Jawa

Re: New blood…?

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

Check your email. ;)
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Not sure if I was completely clear: these folks are not a group entity, they're just a bunch of individuals who email each other (often every day) and talk trash about everything under the sun. I was asking if there were objections for me to email that group and let its members know about this site so they could decide for themselves whether or not they wanted to play here...
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

Sounds like an interesting bunch. Maybe they'll breathe a little life into this place.

My vote is to invite them and see what happens.
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

PHPaul wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:27 pm Maybe they'll breathe a little life into this place.
They are medical people they should be use to breathing life into just about anything.
PHPaul wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:27 pm My vote is to invite them and see what happens.
I agree with you, Paul this last dry spell listed seven or eight days before
Bekeeper finally broke the ice.
I hope it's not me keeping them away. Maybe I should pretend that I left and
stop posting just to see if the communication picks up on here.
:oops: :cry:
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

I don't think it's you, Jim. You're one of the few keeping this place alive.

I think that, at least to some extent, it is a lack of common interests.
Jim @ Jawa

Post by Jim @ Jawa »

PHPaul wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:09 pm I don't think it's you, Jim.
Well, Paul, if you don't think it's me, I'll send a boogie man over there to knock on your door. :lol:
It's 11 AM on Saturday morning here. I've been up most of the night so I think I'll just take a short nap like five or six hour. :|
Patria

Post by Patria »

Jim @ Jawa wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:01 pm
PHPaul wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:09 pm I don't think it's you, Jim.
Well, Paul, if you don't think it's me, I'll send a boogie man over there to knock on your door. :lol:
It's 11 AM on Saturday morning here. I've been up most of the night so I think I'll just take a short nap like five or six hour. :|
Jim, dear friend it's no ones fault and definitely not yours. I enjoy reading you!
Patria

Post by Patria »

Bkeepr wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:00 pm Paul, and anyone else reading this:

I’m in an email group that might fit here pretty well, so I am thinking of inviting them to look and join. Before I do, I want to describe them because they’re a diverse group of strong-willed, opinionated, free thinkers and I don’t want to open a Pandora’s box without letting you know.

The group is made up of about 50 former Army Medical Command members. Most are old and retired. A large number are retired Warrant Officers, but they range from former E-6 staff sergeants up to a couple of retired General Officers. Most are men, but there is at least one woman I know of. While they rarely “talk” politics, they do exchange a lot of jokes, some with political overtones. Many have seen combat, all are irreverent.

If that’s all ok, I will email the group with a link here and an invite. At the very least, they will liven things up. They may just stay long enough to read and comment on my description of them and leave. But I love’em all, they are solid Americans.

Aww come on what do you mean leave after reading your description of them..

They gotta ruffle some feathers before they do. :D

[of course I'm kidding]