Picked up my annual "Winter Project".

Stories, News and General Yakking
PHPaul
Site Admin

Re: Picked up my annual "Winter Project".

Post by PHPaul »

muffcloseup.jpg
muffcloseup.jpg (27.85 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
Before.
muff8.jpg
muff8.jpg (20 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
After.

Not perfect, header chrome is still pretty chewed up, but good enough for who it's for. If/When I get the bike running properly and road-worthy, I may look at an aftermarket exhaust.
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Well that looks terrific to me. How much longer before you crank it up..or have you done it already? I would like to hear it, even if for just a few seconds.
PHPaul
Site Admin

Post by PHPaul »

Bkeepr wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:51 pm Well that looks terrific to me. How much longer before you crank it up..or have you done it already? I would like to hear it, even if for just a few seconds.
I have started it and it runs like shit due to the carbs being WAY out of adjustment after rebuilding them and replacing the air filters. Next warm-ish day I'll start dialing them in, but need to be able to open the doors so I don't get gassed...

I did a brief video right after I got it to make sure it ran before putting any effort into it, but the audio on my phone is horrible. I'll set up the good camera and take a video once I get it tuned somewhere near right.