Puerto Rico flu epidemic— Patria ?

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

Puerto Rico flu epidemic— Patria ?

Post by Bkeepr »

I see there’s an early and already deadly flu outbreak in PR. Patria, how are things in your neighborhood?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/health/p ... index.html
Patria

Re: Puerto Rico flu epidemic— Patria ?

Post by Patria »

Good Morning Bkeepr, and everyone. I have not heard from any of my neighbors that they got the flu although I know of several that catches everything now and again. Thank goodness I don't easily get sick or get viruses, neither have I had covid or something similar.

I did get sick with colds that lasted a day or two with fever and weakness about every three weeks after Gerrit passed away, I even got the shingles but since I went to my doctor right after the first blister showed I got treated right away and had about 6 blisters only.

I'm off to the wake of my dear stepmom..

Here's wishing you are all doing well.
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Patria,

I'm glad you've avoided the flu...but very sorry to hear about your Step Mom. Please accept my condolences, I pray for peace for her, and for you.

Tom A
Patria

Post by Patria »

Thank you, Tom. Paquita was 90 years old and until just two weeks before her death she was on her feet cooking and cleaning, hosting dinners for family and friends and gardening also. She had a good life and made sure others did too.