Old times, Old group, Old people here, ( and gone)

Stories, News and General Yakking
GeneMO

Old times, Old group, Old people here, ( and gone)

Post by GeneMO »

Patria made a comment that remined me of when this bunch kinda morphed together. Who remembers the start? The beginning? I got onto Kountry life in about 1998 or so. Maybe. Not sure. I survived up untill the elections of our first Afro President, then my Pro-American comments got me booted. But some folks, times, got me kinda confused. Cant remember the first of it. I remember some who have passed. sHan, and others.

Any memories?

Gene
Bkeepr

Re: Old times, Old group, Old people here, ( and gone)

Post by Bkeepr »

I first got on KL in 1998 when we bought our farm and I was looking for farm machinery info.

There’ve been so many great folks over the years, I have probably forgotten a lot of names, but I remember a lot of stories about some great folks. Bob in NY helped me track down some machine parts. An old veterinarian, I think called Old Fart, gave me a lot of good animal advice. Mike D, I think also called something like Hammer was a great guy who brought his family and visited my place once. There was a younger black woman who had Ridgeback dogs and lived about an hour from me, in a little town we used to visit and go antiquing in…unfortunately, she tired of being different and after a couple of years just quit visiting. I can’t remember her name anymore, but she was smart and pleasant. Of course Gerrit, and dozens of others.
Patria

Post by Patria »

Paula, right?
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Patria wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:17 pmPaula, right?
Yes, Paula! Thanks, Patria, you’re a great friend.

Hope you are having a nice Christmas.
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

I remember Paula.
GeneMO

Post by GeneMO »

Wyle Coyote has been gone good while.

Gene
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Yeah, Wylie was another great guy gone too soon.

About Paula: I found her old email address in my aol contacts and sure enough it still works. She's doing fine, still teaching a bit and now working with dressage horses. Her Ridgeback dogs are all gone, though...
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Patria mentioned Salmoneye in another thread-- another great guy who I miss a lot. To be clear, I think he's still alive, but no longer posts...
Patria

Post by Patria »

Bkeepr wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:18 am Patria mentioned Salmoneye in another thread-- another great guy who I miss a lot. To be clear, I think he's still alive, but no longer posts...
Of course he's alive, a little under the weather but he said he'd be around as soon as he's out of "lala land" - his words. lol
Bkeepr

Post by Bkeepr »

Patria wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:05 pm ...Of course he's alive, a little under the weather but he said he'd be around as soon as he's out of "lala land" - his words. lol
I must have missed that, haven't seen/heard/read anything from him in, literally, years. I do hope he's already feeling better. Sure could use his wisdom here.