TGIF

Stories, News and General Yakking
Bkeepr

TGIF

Post by Bkeepr » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:59 am

in my business, 4-day workweeks are the worst because there's no less work to do, it is just packed into fewer days. But this week has been particularly bad-- busy, frustrating, no-win. Whenever somebody asks me how long before I retire, I always say that "I'm just one bad day away!" :lol:

At this rate, I may wake up on Monday and decide right then and there that I had retired today! :lol:

I hope y'all have a great day, and a greater weekend. If you're in the hurricane's path, stay dry and safe.

Red Dave

Re: TGIF

Post by Red Dave » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:08 am

You'll like retirement. Every day is Saturday.

I know what you mean about the same work, just fewer days to do it in.
I spent most of my career as the only one doing what I did. Vacation got me away from work, but I always came back to a mountain of issues to dig through that accumulated while I was gone. Never less work, just less time to deal with it.

Jim in RP

Re: TGIF

Post by Jim in RP » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:36 pm

I know what you guys mean. Working for myself for 18 years I soon realized that my head thought that my ass was twice as fast as it could ever be, regardless of how many hours there were in a day. :x
Combat Infantry, the ultimate hunt, where the hunter becomes the hunted and the prey shoot back.